Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IBM .30M1 sn 3675209

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2023 at 4:44pm
I have one question....do you blacken the front sight before the match? If you don't but it is allowed, try doing it. It makes the sight stand out better against the target.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2023 at 2:41am
Of course, I always blacken the sight. Very important!

And what is also -very- important with a M1 carbine: every 5 shots: re-tighten the barrel-band and the nut of the recoil plate. I often find them with fellow shooters to be a bit loose, causing a wandering zero of the carbine.

And accurate reloading tuned to the specific carbine. Way more accurate ammo than the standard factory PRVI .30 carbine most other shooters in the Netherlands use.
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2023 at 6:38pm
Sounds like you have all the bases covered!
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2024 at 3:47am
It was a nice M1 carbine competition this year. In 2022 my carbine buddy Marc had extensive surgery in his right shoulder, so out of sportmanship I didn't participate in the competition.
This year Marc slowly recovered and started shooting the M1 carbine again. At about october he was top in the competition and I thought....well let's participate and see what happens.....
Slowly but surely I was able to catch up with his scores and at the end he knew that he had to start defending his position.
It all came down to the last match before the end of the year. I was able to come close in just 3 months time......
I congratulate Marc with this achievement after his recovery with winning this competition.
What a beautiful competition it is: everybody uses the same rifle, so not the guy with the most money wins....
This is an indoors competition on our 25m pistol range. 10 shots standing position, 10 shots kneeled position. And then the total points of the 10 best scores.
Looking forward to this year!
(other names except mine blacked out because of privacy reasons)

Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2024 at 5:22pm
Thanks for sharing.  It looks like both of you and a couple of others were pretty consistant.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234