Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to find more about my m1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lloydmyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to find more about my m1
    Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 8:35pm
I'm trying to find more information about my M1 carbine other then the manufacturer and the year it was made is that possible The barrel is stamped by buffalo arms   With the manufacture date 10 - 43 behind the sites it's national Post meter and the serial number I looked up the serial number it said it was manufactured in between December 1943 and May 1944 on the side it has a K carved in it and the letters aam on the other side there is a stamp that I can't read   On the stock right behind the trigger guard there is a P ...... Any knowledge and help would be grateful thank you
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2016 at 3:53pm
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/postwar.html

AAM is the rebuild mark for Augusta Arsenal with the M being the inspectors initial. The P is a proof mark used by several original manufacturers. K carved in probably some GI marking his carbine. but we would need a picture to be sure. Cut and paste the link above to see more on post war rebuild.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2016 at 7:32pm
pics will really help
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2016 at 12:03pm
Here are the pictures of the OP's carbine with marks on stock in question

Lloydmyers View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lloydmyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2016 at 1:50pm
Thank you for posting the pictures for me
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2016 at 1:54pm
Hmm, is it a K at all?
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2016 at 12:08am
Originally posted by cali201 cali201 wrote:

Here are the pictures of the OP's carbine with marks on stock in question

Cali, thank you for helping, and the following is not geared to you, just a general statement on picture posting and outside hosts.

This is why we try to host our own pictures, to often someone searches and sadly the pic are gone. This sometimes takes a relevant post and makes it moot. In this case Imgur lasted less then a month.
Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
 Post Reply Post Reply