Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fun Stuff Submissions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fun Stuff Submissions
    Posted: Jan 05 2016 at 3:45pm
Post your Fun Stuff Submissions or suggestions  for next month! Make sure you have question and answer. 10 point if we use it!

You must be a registered member and post a reply in this topic to view the hidden content within this post!
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2016 at 8:15pm
We got a few good ones, but can always use some more!
Post them here Guys and Gals.
68coupe View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2019 at 8:37pm
I'd like to see some fun stuff!
Karl, 68 coupe
NPM, 43
Universal, 80
Kahr 1827-A1 Thompson 2019
SA M1 Garand 42
AO 1911A1
Taurus PT1911
Beretta M92(compact)
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2019 at 4:50pm
Karl. This whole section has the submitted fun stuff

Will post more when they show up
Jamesicus View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jamesicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2020 at 9:14pm
 I made a real mess of my first postings here - let me see if I can do better:

I was NCOIC of the Base Small Arms Marksmanship Training Unit (SAMTU) & the Firing Range at Yokota AB, Japan, during the early 1960s when the US Cal. 30 Carbine was used for annual marksmanship training and qualification firing by enlisted personnel. I had a fine NCO and Airmen crew who were not only excellent Marksmanship Instructors, but also very knowledgeable about the function and maintenance of M1 and M2 Carbines.

What they were not very knowledgeable about (me too) was the history of the US carbine - it’s development and production during WWII. I imagine that was true of most Airmen at that time.

All of our Firing Range carbines were rebuilds configured with the mandated bayonet lug front sight barrel bands; adjustable for elevation and windage rear sights; lever style safeties and beefed-up magazine catches. My instructors and just about all of the shooters had only seen carbines without those features in newsreels and war movies.

Information regarding all that was very sparse in the early 1960s - in the days before the internet and detailed reference books relating to the history and development of the Carbine such as Larry Ruth’s “War Baby” (which was not published until some thirty years later). Just about the only references relating to the history of the Carbine were articles published in “The American Rifleman” (mostly during the early 1960s).

It was not unusual in those days for Airmen firing our Carbines for qualification to say things like “did you know IBM made the Carbine I just fired?” or “I didn’t know the Rockola Juke box company used to make Carbines in WWII”  followed by typical GI discussions. We did our best to answer those questions or relate reliable historical information, mostly based on the Anerican Rifkeman articles. We have come a long way in our knowledge and understanding relating to the Carbine and it’s history.
Liberium View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liberium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2022 at 11:01am

This would be fun

1944 national postal meter .30M1
KNSA (Dutch NRA) Member
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2022 at 11:59am
Is that real? Looks like it would just tip over and not be very stable. Would be awesome fun though haha
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2022 at 12:34pm
It was real. I remember seeing some film of live testing on one of the tv programs.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2022 at 8:27pm
Mechanics illustrated had a big article on them.

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply