Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Carbine is in Banner?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2016 at 4:00pm
Winchester, second prototype with the 20 round magazine
GeorgeP View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2016 at 9:58pm
It is the Winchester second prototype  with 20 round magazine.
manteo97 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manteo97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2016 at 6:28pm
Winchester "Second" prototype, ie final trial version?
imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2016 at 8:42pm
That's one funky looking Rear Flip Sigbt
Frank

imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2016 at 11:23am
Williams Winchester Protype M1 Carbine....Hers another one.

Frank

RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2018 at 5:51am
With is an old thread,we should have seen the answer by now but sense it's still open I'll make my guess, I see the front sight, I see the stock and the hand guard mated at full length, I see the magazine. I also see the large cut rear sling well that is a partial I and has what looks like a piece of brass round stock instead of an oilier. No doubt this is a prototype, but I really can't see anything that says Winchester, we know that Inland worked with Winchester perfecting their prototypes, I'm taking a long shot and saying this is an Inland version.
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2018 at 12:37pm
I guess it was answered, it just wasn't where I expected it. Oh well a dollar late and a dollar short as usual.
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2018 at 7:20pm
For those interested there have been updates on the Williams' pages

the answer is posted within the first post, banner has been changed several times
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2019 at 5:18am
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/development.html

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/winprototype2.html

Maybe I missed it but would like to know more about the carbine in the pic that was a Williams prototype. I did a research project on Williams that included an onsite examination inside his workshop at the NC Museum of History and examination of the rifles he built while in prison. Photos on the pages devoted to the History of Williams. With much more that was part of the project.

Here's the prototype Williams did for Winchester, part of the Cody Firearms Museum Winchester Collection.

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/williamsprototype.html

Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12