The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEED HELP?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEED HELP?
    Posted: Dec 13 2015 at 1:13pm
Most issues can be solved by using the FAQ button on the navigation bar on right side.
This lists most problem that arise. On the bottom of the Forum Home page there is a link that clears cookies set by this forum.
LINK

Why does Bold, Italic or any of those buttons not work?

They do, look to the right you will see "Prompt Mode" and can change it to "Basic Mode"
In prompt mode it opens a box to enter what you wish to do with the buttons.
In basic mode it puts the HTML brackets needed in body of the post. Just fill in what you want between brackets.

You can also post for help in this section. If all else fails you can contact an Administrator EMAIL
Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
Mike View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2021 at 2:43pm
Does this Carbine seem legit?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889300468
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2021 at 3:11pm
Might be. There just aren't enough pics of critical parts to make a call. That is a steep starting bid. Before I'd bid, I'd want to see detailed pics of the bolt, rear sight, front sight, sear and trigger markings, recoil plate, etc.... Just no enough detail for that price.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Harry McFarland View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry McFarland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2021 at 9:39am
I recently purchased an MOCO 30 cal carbine serial# 140 excellent condition looks like near new.Finish is almost like new bore is flawless.Just wondering approximate value range for insurance purposes.Thanks for any help.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2021 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Harry McFarland Harry McFarland wrote:

I recently purchased an MOCO 30 cal carbine serial# 140 excellent condition looks like near new.Finish is almost like new bore is flawless.Just wondering approximate value range for insurance purposes.Thanks for any help.

You might just have to come up with a number that means the value to you. Less than around 400 of those were ever produced. A collector wanting to collect a copy of every carbine ever manufactured would likely place a higher value on it, but who is that and where are they?

I have a couple of commercials because that company was the only one that manufactured that particular caliber or finish. Most purist would call them cow-patties, but they are rare cow-patties to me.

On the face of it, it’s just another example of a very early commercial carbine from one of the companies that could’t pull-it-off. I think it should be valued as such, unless that collector shows up that really wants it. It’s a “pre-Plainfield”. 
B Johnson View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2021 at 9:51pm
me help please want to know a little bit about what I have I'm not finding to much on it out Plainfield Dunnellon NJ .30M1
B Johnson View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Johnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2021 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by B Johnson B Johnson wrote:

me help please want to know a little bit about what I have I'm not finding to much on it out Plainfield Dunnellon NJ .30M1
I have pics to
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2021 at 12:03pm
B Johnson, you are posting as a guest. you need to log in in order for us contact you.

You can send pictures to
admin at uscarbinecal30 dot com

you need to remove spaces and change the at to @ and dot to a period

there is an email link at the very bottom of the forum as well
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2021 at 9:07am
B Johnson, Did you look at the Plainfield pages?

In the early years the Plainfield Machine sometimes used a rural delivery address in Watchung Township, Plainfield, NJ which was the residence of William Haas. From 1962-1978 the shop was located on the west side of Wilton Avenue on the second lot south of South Street in the borough of Middlesex, Middlesex County, NJ. They used several post office boxes in Dunellen, NJ as their business address.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image