Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M1 Carbine Import #'s question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtyround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M1 Carbine Import #'s question
    Posted: May 25 2023 at 2:52pm
Guys/Gals,
    Researching info on this sight in regard to imports of US M1 Carbines in the late 80's into the mid-late 90's from the list on this site here:

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/imports.html

Very informative info, a rather extensive list of importers, some being the same entity but changing names. Did I miss something? There isnt a number associated with what was imported...

Question for the well informed; What was the total of US M1 carbines imported by these entities as a whole or by each company by name.... Do we know the total number brought in???

Thanks, JB
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by thirtyround thirtyround wrote:

Did I miss something? There isnt a number associated with what was imported...
Question for the well informed; What was the total of US M1 carbines imported by these entities as a whole or by each company by name.... Do we know the total number brought in???

JB, no you did not miss anything. I do not believe anyone has the quantities that were imported by each company. Not even sure how we could find that info since many of the importers are no longer in business. I do know that PW Arms imported 3120 carbines in 2021, which were the carbines that Midway sold. That quantity was from a U.S. Customs report that someone was able to find. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
thirtyround View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtyround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 12:46pm
W5USMC,
    Thanks for the reply. I'm certain at this point, and considering the time span from then and as you state, some or all are not still operating. The only entity that could know those numbers would be the BATF&E, there are several other govt dept/agencies that approve and track such things as well. A Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request would have to be submitted to learn those numbers. Not a small undertaking. Regards, JB

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 12:59pm
Well it would seem I read this post and another post this morning and combined them.
I may have addressed this question that thread.
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 1:21pm
Wayne,
That load was from a German Exporter.. LIMEX GMBH. 
I'd found their Bill of Laden via US Customs Records.
Carbines were from Italy.

Enjoy the Weekend...

Charlie-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
thirtyround View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtyround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2023 at 1:26pm
Well.... Guess I should ask, as it would be very interesting to know. Anyone know the total number of M1 Carbines the old Department of Civilian Marksmanship (DCM) sold back in the day ? (Before this recent release under CMP)
John
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America Member
 Post Reply Post Reply