The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member Wisconsin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2br02b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member Wisconsin
    Posted: Mar 12 2023 at 8:22pm
Greetings,

Always been an admirer of the m1 carbine and spent many hours researching and studying this iconic firearm. This site has been by far the best place for getting accurate info to make an informed decision on what to look for when making a purchase. I recently purchased an inland at a local gun show that I am head over heels in love with.  barrel marked inland 11-43  receiver marked inland 990xxx   stock is I cut with IO stamp and flaming bomb in slingwell, cross cannon cartouche on right side  circled P on bottom. Gun has later upgrades of bayonet lug and rotary safety. I believe it is a good wartime example of the m1 and am excited to learn more about it.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2023 at 8:34pm
Welcome to the forum.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Timothy View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2023 at 12:25am
Sounds like a fine rifle. Welcome from a displaced Badger.
T R
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2023 at 5:28am
Welcome to the forum.  Great bunch of knowledgeable folks here willing to help out.  I might as well say it before someone else does...post some pics.  :)
2br02b View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2br02b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2023 at 6:17pm
I am not very computer literate(boomer). so its taking me a while to figure out how to post pics - I
can start out with 1

Edited by New2brass - Mar 18 2023 at 8:00am
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2023 at 10:46pm
Welcome from a resident Badger.
Congrats on the carbine I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
2br02b View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2br02b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2023 at 9:36pm

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/7168/20230316_202945.jpg

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/7168/20230316_204724.jpg

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/7168/20230316_204559.jpg

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/uploads/7168/20230316_204145.jpg

Edited by New2brass - Mar 18 2023 at 8:04am
2br02b View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2br02b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2023 at 9:38pm
still kind of struggling with pics, but slowly catching on
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2023 at 4:24am
Originally posted by 2br02b 2br02b wrote:

I am not very computer literate(boomer).

Me too.  Pics look great.
Mpigott271 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpigott271 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2023 at 7:25am
Very nice example. Welcome.
2br02b View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2br02b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2023 at 4:42pm
I am not really sure about how this forum works - do people normally move on to other threads when discussing or asking questions about carbines
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2023 at 6:10pm
If it is about this carbine then ask here so we have some background.
If a different carbine then you can start a new thread.

If showing off a carbine then try "Carbines of the Collector" section
otherwise "General Discussion"

Do not over think it. If it should be somewhere else one of the mods can move it.

Welcome to the forums!
2br02b View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2br02b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2023 at 7:23pm
Thank You - Just looking for some opinions on whether you think its possible that the stock, barrel, and receiver were all mated originally - they all appear to be of the correct timeline according to serial#, barrel date, and early stock.
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2023 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by 2br02b 2br02b wrote:

Thank You - Just looking for some opinions on whether you think its possible that the stock, barrel, and receiver were all mated originally - they all appear to be of the correct timeline according to serial#, barrel date, and early stock.

Receiver and barrel likely given date and serial. The i-cut with flaming bomb are usually found on earlier Inlands. Yours would have had an oval cut highwood I believe.

Usually refinishing / upgraded or mixed parts indicate rebuild and nothing but the barrel/receiver (if it was good) remained together at that point.
2br02b View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2br02b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2023 at 9:58am
I believe you are correct, after further research it does appear the stock is earlier, but I think that's a
good thing. I knew going into this that finding an all original piece would be next to impossible. I loved the fact that the majority of the guns parts were manufactured pre D-day and lets my imagination run wild with the thoughts of where its been. The older I get the more I appreciate the sacrifices that were made to maintain our freedom and democracy and holding onto and passing on this history. As an added bonus, its a great little gun to carry around, a blast to shoot, and quite accurate (8" groups@ 100 yds)
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2023 at 11:56am
Absolutely, all M1 carbines are a great piece of history and fun to own regardless if they are 100% original or otherwise.

If you want to try and improve accuracy, this article hits most of it:https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CMP_Carbine_Notes_2007.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjBgsaS-OX9AhW_JDQIHfcKBxQQFnoECA0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3glbQ9pr60VVZrzRUUrdKG

There are still nice original examples to be had, usually luck comes into play. For whatever reason I don't find much in WI.
 Post Reply Post Reply