FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SOLD Brass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sawbones View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD Brass
    Posted: Mar 17 2023 at 7:10pm
Rec'd. all the Larry Ruth brass just today.  All good stuff.  Lotsa 1943, 1944 and 1945 G.I. issue in there.
Thanks Dan.
"I think youngsters need to start thinking about what kind of world they will leave for me and Keith Richards". Willie Nelson
Sawbones View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2023 at 10:16am
Let me know total for all of it plus shipping and I'll cut you a check.
"I think youngsters need to start thinking about what kind of world they will leave for me and Keith Richards". Willie Nelson
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2023 at 8:59am
Sawbones, From the Larry Ruth Collection cleanup in his range bag and bags.
There will be some extra included as I found some more and just tossed in bag.

He had  many boxes of "collector ammo" as pictured in WB which will be listed once I educate myself on shipping ammo.

Given the amount of work being done I only spot checked about a dozen rounds. I noted dates, WW, RA, CCC?
I cannot say there is no commerce, but suspect mostly surplus.

I do recommend  cleaning the brass before reloading!

Let me know and I will have postage calculated.

Best, Dan
Sawbones View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2023 at 2:10pm
Hey Dan,
Can you give me a history of these dirty old brasses?

Referencing the "Some 44 and 45, some 50s and later" Am I correct to assume all of it is GI issue?  If so I'll take all of 'em.  Too many of the commercial casings are sub-junk.

Few weeks ago I pulled my RCBS Pro 2000 Auto Index reloading machine outa the cobwebs to load some .218Bee rounds.  Once I get organized I place a dirty old brass into the mechanism and start pulling/pushing on the lever; it auto feeds, sizing/de-capping/ filling w/ 15gr powder/ I then place bullet atop brass then pull/push again; in 10 or so seconds it spits out a fully reloaded ready-to-fire cartridge.  Magic, ain't it?  If I accidentally stumble into an available M2 I'll need all the brass I can get.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2023 at 8:08pm
Dirty old brass. mixed head stamps. Some 44 and 45, some 50's most later.
Most likely fired once as the only reloading die I find is a hand loader and no bullet heads.

Two lots with just over 200 rounds.

I think I can fit one lot in a flat rate box.

How does $20 a lot plus actual shipping sound?

Edited by Dan Pinto - Mar 30 2023 at 10:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image