Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Erma-Werke Model E M-1 .22 cal LR magazines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugozhackenabush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Erma-Werke Model E M-1 .22 cal LR magazines
    Posted: Sep 19 2022 at 12:26pm
Hello, new member & first time posting on this informative site with very knowledgeable members, thanks for sharing.
I just purchased a model E M-1 Erma carbine in wonderful condition at a Lancaster Pennsylvania local auction for $130.00, maker stamped “67” atop receiver indicating 1967 manufactured date with serial # mid 15xxx and no export markings. It did not have its original magazine & have question ras to whether the Erma made Iver Johnson models share same 5, 10 & 15 round .22 cal LR magazines.
Thank you in advance & I really enjoy the folks here for their knowledge, friendliness and humor which is all appreciated.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2022 at 12:43pm
Welcome to the forum. I believe the Erma and IJ 22's do share the same mag. Page down on the link below for more info on the Erma mags. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Liberium View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liberium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2022 at 2:25am
We have one at our club, I dont think anyone ever uses it, it is known to have feeding problems.
1944 national postal meter .30M1
KNSA (Dutch NRA) Member
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2022 at 1:05pm
I believe they are the same magazines, I’ve had two of the Erma ones, just one now, and one of the IJ made ones and I could tell no differences in the magazines. But I didn’t own both at the same time. So the comparison was from memory 
Glen in Fla View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen in Fla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2022 at 11:30am
Sorry late to the party here, but I'll add that the repro 15-rd mags offered by several vendors work very well, albeit $$$.
In spite of their reported shortcomings, feeding issues etc, once they're sorted-out they're great little shooters!

Glen in Fla
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2022 at 11:32am
There’s repro mags made for the ermas?
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2022 at 11:55am
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2022 at 5:54pm
I've used one of the Numrich mags with no issues in my EM-1.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
 Post Reply Post Reply