Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another Fake Stamp on Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Fake Stamp on Ebay
    Posted: Aug 31 2022 at 9:44am
M1 Carbine Stock Stamp Cannons | eBay

Well, at least I know the difference between this and a real one. So sick of this junk 
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2022 at 1:03pm
The possible problem is that Inland used different styles as many others did too. It all makes for a dangerous minefield as far as the hobby is concerned.
Bubba-7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubba-7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2022 at 6:33pm
Why Carbines said, 
"Inland used different styles as many others did.."  
I assume you are referring to the Ordnance acceptance stamp found on Inland carbine stocks?
Is this from your observations or is this published somewhere?
Just trying to learn, Thank-You,

Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2022 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Bubba-7 Bubba-7 wrote:

Why Carbines said, 
"I<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">nland used different styles as many others did.."  </span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">I assume you are referring to the Ordnance acceptance stamp found on Inland carbine stocks?</span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">Is this from your observations or is this published somewhere?</span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">Just trying to learn, Thank-You,</span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">
</span>

Really? I've often asked myself is R trying to be sarcastic, funny or just a genuine horses' ass, so maybe I am stumped here. Anyhoo, I have seen (I leave observed and observe to the forum upper crest to use) a very few different Inland cartouches that I'll say are best described as early and later. No rocket science here, just noticing odd detail as I amass a huge collection of Inland carbines.
Bubba-7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubba-7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2022 at 7:07pm
JD, 
There are always a bunch of new people visiting this site just trying to learn.  I did not think I needed to be "sarcastic, funny or a horse's ass", to ask a question.
So I assume from your answer, you "have seen a very few different Inland cartouches...as I amass a huge collection of Inland carbines." 
First, so we can be clear, there is an Ordnance Acceptance stamp on the right side of stocks on Inland carbines.  There are no Cartouches on an Inland carbine stock unless added later.   
Second, I agree with you Inland carbines are worth collecting, they are the best.
Third, if you can see different Ordnance Acceptance stamps on your Inland carbines, don't rule out some maybe fakes.
Fourth, to my "very" limited knowledge there has only been one Ordnance Acceptance stamp used on Inland carbines after the very early stamps in Inland sling wells.
Fifth, "huge" can mean many things to different people.  When I started 30+ years ago, I was told by a CC member, a person in Florida had a hundred carbines from one block.  I assumed it was Bruce Dow and Inland's first block, but I never asked or found out who it was.  I would define a hundred from one carbine block a "huge" collection.
Happy Collecting, R

Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2022 at 4:30pm
Yes, I thought that QHMC was the only one that actually changed the characteristics of the ordnance acceptance stamps  (the crossed canons). Others may have changed the size of their stamp, but the features remained consistent, other than early vs later QHMC
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2022 at 6:19pm
I guess huge is a different status from collector to collector so someone that's new to the hobby is not going have the same "huge" status as someone that's been doing it for nearly a handful of decades. Also, the whole semantics of cartouche versus acceptance stamp is something that you'll not find total agreement on. One person uses one word and another person uses another, it's kind of like pouch and pocket...some use a familiar word to all while others want to be technically correct.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2022 at 8:42pm
Different acceptance stamp configurations?
Inland 4
Winchester 4
Underwood 3
Rock-Ola 2
All others 1 each
At least that is my experience.
They vary in size and style although the Crossed cannons are always the same design.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply