The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello From Eastern Oregon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello From Eastern Oregon
    Posted: Aug 06 2022 at 8:46am
Hello everyone I have been on the cmp forum for over 12 years and that kept me quite busy.
I live way on the East side of Oregon and have been blessed with a pretty good job 
I work in the power industry and I enjoy collecting military surplus from WW2 and WW1
I have own m1 carbines for years and not really done much with them my knowledge is limited but the collection desire is strong. I have what I call my 2 shooters a IBM that I rescued from Big 5 sporting goods many years ago that was a Israeli return, I plan on restoring it and I have found a very nice birch stock I need to find a birch hand guard if they made them.
Next I have a shooter QHMC that is in ok shape.
My last 3 are my best I have a mid 44 Winchester , a 1943 Underwood and my rarest is a 1943 Rockola that was turned into a Bavarian Rifle

Here is a link:

Hope you guys can help me out with many questions 

Thank you all Jeff Lee
“The Apprentice”
http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/carbineGBR_AGN_spell2.html
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2022 at 11:22am
Jeff, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a great start to a nice carbine collection. Are you saying that the Bavarian Rock-ola pictured in the link you posted is the actual one that you own?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
The apprentice View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2022 at 11:46am
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Jeff, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a great start to a nice carbine collection. Are you saying that the Bavarian Rock-ola pictured in the link you posted is the actual one that you own?

Thank you Wayne and thank you for your Service!

Yes sir a fellow Oregonian By the Name of John Spellman (Kikiokat on the cmp forum) originally owned it many years ago it was sold with one of his Underwood riffles to a friend of mine in Texas. 
I was able to bring them both to Oregon they are just to nice for me to shoot i really enjoy them though 

I haven’t mastered pictures yet here is a link to my Underwood with a Singer made receiver 

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2022 at 11:52am
Here is a link with tips on posting pictures on the forum, it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2022 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Here is a link with tips on posting pictures on the forum, it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. 

Well I think I kind of got it Wayne I need to learn on how to resize my pictures smaller

The bottom one is a late 44 Winchester that I got this spring and I am very thankful for 
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2022 at 3:15pm
Welcome to the forum Jeff, nice looking rifles. A couple of my carbines previously resided in Oregon.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The apprentice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2022 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 wrote:

Welcome to the forum Jeff, nice looking rifles. A couple of my carbines previously resided in Oregon.

Thank you Joel 

Many years ago I was able to get a nice HRA Service grade with a original LMR barrel from Wisconsin so both our states have some good plunder
 Post Reply Post Reply