Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

High-speed video of Carbines firing...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2022 at 9:09am
The slide bounce is very interesting to me.
David Milisock
markserbu View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markserbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2022 at 12:44am
Originally posted by blackfish blackfish wrote:

You've got one heck of a tool there. Ejection of spent cases is also interesting. Different slides were designed, in part, using video like this, to mitigate a very very difficult problem.

If you don't mind me asking, is your equipment borrowed, rented, or bought?

Thanks

Bought.  It's really an essential tool for developing semi-automatic and fully-automatic firearms.  It's amazing how much counterintuitive stuff goes on in the process of designing guns, and it's invaluable to actually SEE and expose those little gremlins that have been plaguing a design!
markserbu View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote markserbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2022 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Jond41403 Jond41403 wrote:

I would guess most likely owned(I could be completely wrong though). You should really check out his YouTube channels if you haven't already, they are extremely informative on machining, heat treating, welding, you name it. He is an amazing designer of firearms in general. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by recommending someone's YouTube channels but for people on here that do not know, they really need to check him out. Outstanding content

Aw, shucks.  Thanks for the kind words!
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2022 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by markserbu markserbu wrote:

I would guess most likely owned(I could be completely wrong though). You should really check out his YouTube channels if you haven't already, they are extremely informative on machining, heat treating, welding, you name it. He is an amazing designer of firearms in general. I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by recommending someone's YouTube channels but for people on here that do not know, they really need to check him out. Outstanding content

Thank you for all the years of great content! You truly are one of the greats in firearm design! I have learned a ton from watching your channels and it's always cool to see your designs from prototype to production on some of them. You always explain how and why and show in great detail of what is being done. You're a great teacher Mark. also,thank you for bringing your knowledge and expertise to this forum. Godspeed
markserbu View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote markserbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2022 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by markserbu markserbu wrote:

Thank you for all the years of great content! You truly are one of the greats in firearm design! I have learned a ton from watching your channels and it's always cool to see your designs from prototype to production on some of them. You always explain how and why and show in great detail of what is being done. You're a great teacher Mark. also,thank you for bringing your knowledge and expertise to this forum. Godspeed

Well thanks again.  I'm "blessed" (in quotes for the atheists) with the right combination of intelligence, luck, stubbornness and a desire to learn, I guess.  I think there are untold thousands of people who could achieve far more in their lives if they'd just change their evening routines from watching sitcoms, getting drunk and falling asleep in the easy chair.  Not that I haven't fallen asleep drunk on the couch or easy chair, it's just that I do it fairly rarely.  Most other nights I'm designing stuff in CAD.  I got to where I am (wherever that is) mostly by working a LOT of hours and learning everything I can about my craft.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12