Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M8 Grenade Launchers, Heads Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M8 Grenade Launchers, Heads Up
    Posted: Jun 16 2022 at 12:50pm
I’m always a little leery of posting active auctions, but it feels right for these relatively rare pieces that look to have flown under the radar. I have no affiliation with the seller!

He’s got 3 real M8 grenade launchers listed. All show some rust and pitting and what looks like a poor attempt to clean them up with a brass bristle brush. They look like excellent candidates to be lightly media blasted and refinished. Opening bid isn’t great, but given what some guys try to sell these for I’d say it’s pretty fair.

Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2022 at 2:38pm
Makes me nervous he hasn't sold anything since 2014. 
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2022 at 8:04pm
You need to grab those Ethan. Never know when you might run across a box of grenades.
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2022 at 8:08pm
Don’t tempt me Roger, I’m on my wife’s S*** list as it is. 
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2022 at 8:09pm
I’m sure you got a spare box or 2 of ‘nades 
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Rebel92 Rebel92 wrote:

Makes me nervous he hasn't sold anything since 2014. 

Those are the best ones.

David
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2022 at 11:02pm
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2022 at 7:58am
Yeah, I've bought from several NR or low feedback sellers on GB with little to no issues. It does make me a bit nervous, but most of the items I have ended up with were in good to very good condition and worth the butterflies. Now, sellers who assume an old, possibly abandoned user name are a different story all together. Good luck confirming that, unless the situation is obvious.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2022 at 6:17pm
I threw in a minimum bid on the least expensive M8 launcher to see what would happen. I won! Nobody bid higher. I suspect the low price or the misspelling of gernade launcher put bidders off. I've already corresponded with the guy and he sounds legit. If he isn't, I'm using a USPS M.O. so I can claim mail fraud if he isn't legit. If the M8 is in poor condition, so what? It is what it is....I'll send payment tomorrow. I'll keep you guys informed.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2022 at 8:52pm
So far communication has been good. He received the M.O. and has sent shipping info and tracking info. If he is ok, I should have the launcher in the next couple of days. I'll keep you informed.\
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2022 at 5:47pm
I received the launcher today. That was fast shipping. On a scale of 1-10 the condition of the launcher was 8+. It showed some wear and had a very small amount of pitting on one side. I would rate it as a solid good value. Most of the finish was there; around 90%. The retainer spring was in one piece and in good shape. If the other "Gernade" launchers are still available, I would recommend going for them, especially if you can get them for a low bid like I did.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2022 at 6:25pm
Glad that worked out. You got it for a really good price. Noticed he still has one on GB, very tempted to bid.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2022 at 7:05pm
This is a quick scan. It actually looks much better than this.

It is marked Star R Grenade
                            Launcher M-8

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply