The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M-1 Carbine (Ammo) Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Captain O View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M-1 Carbine (Ammo) Review
    Posted: Jan 15 2022 at 1:33am
IMHO the M1 Carbine is quite sufficient. It can send a "nastygram" with JSP ammunition out to 200 yards. At 7 yards it is an excellent man-stopper. 
"Political correctness is fascism disguised as manners." - George Carlin

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final." - Wyatt Earp

David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2022 at 9:25am
I believe he said he was not addressing the background. Which was good that's best left to someone like forgotten weapons.

To me I find it amazing how well the cartridge and rifle design has aged.  After all this time they're still at the top of the list for personal defense. Especially if you're down to business person and not a tactical fashionesta.

I decided to build a tactical M1 and it turned out well. The standard Carbine stock is way too small for my monkey arms. However from my experience it's not as good as my M1A. The M1A1 keeps my face out of the way of the recoil and is very fast acting.
David Milisock
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Smokpole Smokpole wrote:

I would call that a fair assessment for a "working" rifle. I don't think it did justice to the original purpose of the carbine as that wasn't addressed at all.

Yes he really tries to keep his videos focused on practical use - things like defense, varmints, hunting.  Although in some videos he has provided some historical context, maybe in this case he either felt the video was already long, and/or he didn't think was in solid position to do so.

GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2022 at 10:08pm
Nice explanation about misinformation and how it may develop and spread.
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2022 at 5:52pm
In my opinion Paul's review was fair and accurate, unfortunately a great defense rifle has been priced out of the market.
David Milisock
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2022 at 4:29pm
I would call that a fair assessment for a "working" rifle. I don't think it did justice to the original purpose of the carbine as that wasn't addressed at all.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2022 at 12:33pm
I like all of Paul’s reviews.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2022 at 11:54am

M-1 Carbine Review: Power/Accuracy/Relevence (sic)
Submitted by Ron Dalhamer

Post Reply Post Reply