The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Maryland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Maryland
    Posted: Nov 16 2021 at 12:55pm
Finally bought my second M1 carbine and I've come here to learn all about it.

History; I live in MD but was born and raised in Louisiana.  I learned to shoot when I was just a kid.  I bought my first carbine when I was in college.  It was a used Plainfield with a wire paratrooper stock.  After firing a few times, I realized why the PO sold it.  The only really good thing about it, was that I learned how to deal with just about every malfunction a semi-auto can have.  I loved it anyway.  Times got hard in the early 90's and I pawned it to feed my kid.  I've regretted that choice ever since.

About the time I got to the point where firearm collecting was possible again, I began to consider finding another carbine.  But the MD .gov decided to "protect" the citizens by outlawing just about every semi-auto they could think of.  The carbine was not one of them (except the paratrooper, because a folding stock makes it so much more deadly), so the carbine was put on hold while I purchased the rifles that I would not be able to buy after the law when into effect.  Once that was done and the money supply for fun stuff was replenished, I began to look again.  Holly cow!  Prices on these things were really up, so I decided to wait until they came down a bit. So now that they have only doubled in price, I decided to rethink my strategy.  Time to buy before they double again. 

So on impulse, I bought one from Classic.  Regardless of anything, I'm glad to finally have another one. 
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2021 at 1:36pm
Welcome to the forum, I was born and raised in south Mississippi. about an hour or so from the thriving city of Bogalusa Louisiana LOL 
Arcamm View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2021 at 7:39pm
Small world Rebel92.  My Dad was from Bogalusa!

Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2021 at 7:42pm
Probably worked and that stinky paper mill like my uncle. I remember when I was a little boy I told him it stank and he said “it smells like money” I’ll never forget that LOLLOL
Arcamm View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 10:20pm
I remember that mill.  It stank almost as bad as the water.

Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2022 at 10:22pm
have you gotten your carbine from classic yet? Let’s see it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply