FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History of Gastonia Cut M1 Carbines Pt 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
grburrell View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grburrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History of Gastonia Cut M1 Carbines Pt 3
    Posted: Jan 10 2022 at 4:51pm
Neat hearing this history, as i'm not far from gaston county in the rutherford/polk area
quanjito View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quanjito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2021 at 4:37pm
He was a heck of a guy, like I said, he was part of a rapidly dying breed. It is good to know others are still alive like me that grew up with a piece of that life!!!
I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees,

Zappata
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2021 at 8:51am
Great info you shared with all of us. My father who is a military collector/ dealer knew Ed well- went to his farm over the years. He told me about looking at a box of re-welded carbine receivers with Ed once, and him showing my dad what work ( small machine work) to make them functional. From what you and my father shared he was quite the guy.
quanjito View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quanjito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2021 at 6:03am
This is the last part I will be discussing about Big Ed. I am writing this to let people know some of the interesting history of this particular niche or not just M1 carbine history, but the history of many rebuilt demilled weapons, and a small history of Gaston County NC. In the end though, so that a good man should not be forgotten. Ed Anthony was many things. He was a man of deep convictions, He loved his Country, He he had a passion for weapons, History both military and non military, and Most importantly he had a deep love for his Family. ALL of the Anthony's are a good people who are generous and most deserving of his love and affection. He loved his Children and Grandchildren with all of his heart and he was a great friend to My father, Myself and many other people. I know so many stories I could write a book simply because I knew so many of the people who dealt with Ed. he was one of a dying breed whose traits I have not been able to find replicated in this world today. He will be missed. I have written these things knowing that he would be a little pissed if he was alive because of his privacy, but in a way I would like to believe that he would enjoy reading this and knowing another piece of history of the M1 Carbine and many other weapons would be retained for future generations who enjoy this classic piece of history. I miss you Ed, See you on the other side.

Joey

P.S. This is about .000001 Percent of the whole story. So judge it accordingly.
I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees,

Zappata
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image