Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Came a Little Early This Year- M1A1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas Came a Little Early This Year- M1A1
    Posted: Nov 06 2021 at 4:12pm
The Inland M1A1 (serial#: 5467xxx) I purchased from a long-standing member on this forum (who prefers to remain anonymous) arrived earlier this week, and I couldn't be more thrilled. The kids were being pretty unruly during the photo shoot, forcing me to cut it short, but I'll upload some more shots soon!

Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO
Project Appleseed “Rifleman”

When asked by the wife, "Just how many guns do you need?" the answer is always, "Just one more, honey... just one more!"
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2021 at 4:34pm
Nice
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2021 at 4:58pm
Very nice early Christmas present! I still get coal!!!Cry
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Pro Libertate View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2021 at 5:06pm
Yeah, well... you Marines couldn't make it on Santa's "Nice List" if your very lives depended on it! I've heard stories! Wink

Edited by New2brass - Nov 07 2021 at 1:05pm
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO

When asked by the wife, "Just how many guns do you need?" the answer is always, "Just one more, honey... just one more!"
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2021 at 5:08pm
Congrats!  Very nice. 
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2021 at 5:46pm
Looks great, congrats!
HammerGrunt View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2021 at 7:13pm
Very Nice Paratrooper!  

And your right "marines" couldn't make it on Santa's Nice List...  

Bt "Marines" definitely are on his Nice List because Santa doesn't want to piss off the Marine Corps and our annual Toys For Tots campaign that augments his Global Distro plan :-)

Semper Fidelis!
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2021 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by HammerGrunt HammerGrunt wrote:

And your right "marines" couldn't make it on Santa's Nice List...  

Wouldn't you know it... I never catch typos until the 30 minute editing window has passed. Well, as least it allowed you to say something witty at my expense! Embarrassed

In all seriousness though, I attend church with and am good friends with Sgt. Harold Wadley, USMC retired, and he's the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet; there's a tremendous gentleness there that totally belies his violent past.  He also has one hell of a story, and I'd encourage anyone who's interested to go and watch the interview with him here: 

https://mrkspages.weebly.com/harold-wadley.html

Edited by Pro Libertate - Nov 06 2021 at 11:20pm
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO

usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2021 at 7:34am
Very NICE!! Love 'em. Just picked up one myself. Inland 6.2 mil, 10/44.
Glenn
HammerGrunt View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2021 at 8:43am
Semper Fidelis! That Marine still looks Outstanding in his Dress Blues. Please give him my very Happy Marine 246 year Birthday wish when you see him again.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by HammerGrunt HammerGrunt wrote:

Semper Fidelis! That Marine still looks Outstanding in his Dress Blues.

Doesn't he though? He dons 'em every Memorial Day and recounts his exploits in front of the church congregation; I look forward to it every year. 

I sure will!
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2021 at 1:54pm
P.S.

I realize there are a lot of unsung heroes and untold stories out there, but one thing I find truly incredible about Harold is the fact that -even after enduring unimaginable horrors and being severely wounded in Korea- he chose to reenlist and fight in Vietnam. He explained to me that he felt a duty to train and help keep the new recruits alive, as veterans of the Second World War had done for him. Talk about true grit!
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by usmcdoc67 usmcdoc67 wrote:

Very NICE!! Love 'em. Just picked up one myself. Inland 6.2 mil, 10/44.

Very cool! Pictures, or it didn't happen! Wink
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO

Post Reply Post Reply