The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member Vero Beach, FL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODA CDR (RET) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member Vero Beach, FL
    Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 10:00am
Hello all. I have been spending the last few days here searching and learning. After 23 years of service with the US Army Special Forces and several combat tours, I join the civilian ranks. I was an Operational Detachment A Commander (ODA CDR) for my last twelve years and finished as a CW3. As the years go on, I no longer want my heavy, built like my Army rifle (Rock River Arms Lar-15 Elite Operator). I would much rather have what my predecessors had, a nice, good shooting M1 Carbine. I had no idea how difficult a task it would be to find one that has not been cannibalized and not astronomically priced. Anyway, glad to be here and look forward to learning everything you folks want to teach me. 

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 10:05am
Welcome to the forum Chief. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 10:13am
Welcome Chief and thank you for your service. Check your PM's, there is a member here with a nice Carbine I know of that might be right up your alley.

ODA CDR (RET) View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODA CDR (RET) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 10:17am
Thank you Don. Checked PM but nothing there. I'll continue to search.

DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 10:33am
Just sent you the link Chief, took us old men a minute to hunt and peck Big smile 
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 1:23pm
First, thank you for your service.  Secondly. welcome to the forum.  
NavySCPO View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NavySCPO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 2:23pm
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your retirement, you’ve earned it and then some.

Only got my first a few months ago, you’re right, not easy to find, but when you get it in your hands you’ll know you have something very special, good luck!
Danny Fowler, NCCS, USN (Retired)
NRA Life Member

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of those who threaten it.
Oldboy53 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oldboy53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 2:45pm
Thanks for your service Chief, and welcome!
GSMC(SW),USN
2/77-11/89
101Abn View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 101Abn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2021 at 3:20pm
Welcome Chief!

Thank you for your service!

Post Reply Post Reply