The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New here from Maryland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trepang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New here from Maryland
    Posted: Jul 29 2021 at 3:27pm
I just discovered you guys and signed up.

I am in Southern Maryland, I am a retired Submarine Sonarman Master Chief, USN and now run a charter boat on the Chesapeake Bay.

A couple of years ago I got into learning about and collecting M1 Garands and a little bit into WWII and Korea War Bayonets.  As these things tend to do, that has spilled over into now wanting a M1 Carbine.

I have read several books and have scoured the CMP Forum trying to get smarter on Carbines and then I came across you guys.

Please be patient with my rookie questions and at some point I hope to be able to contribute something of value.

Thanks for having me.

USN Retired
Two types of ships: Submarines & Targets
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2021 at 3:30pm
welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service!
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2021 at 5:27pm
Welcome and don't worry about "rookie" questions. There are probably 10-20 other "newbies" wondering the same things.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
SSNPingjockey View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSNPingjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2021 at 8:37pm
Welcome from another retired Submarine Sonarman!  Barb, Grayling, Chicago, and Boise.

You’ll find some amazing knowledge and insight here from some pretty good folks.  I thinks there’s a few more bubbleheads here too!
Chad
USN Retired
Quietus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quietus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2021 at 10:56pm
Trepang:   Welcome.  I've been here just a couple years but visit daily for the learning.  I find the tenor of comments here to be more pleasing compared to at the CMP place.  
NavySCPO View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NavySCPO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2021 at 4:46pm
Welcome Aboard Master Chief from an old Airdale!
Danny Fowler, NCCS, USN (Retired)
NRA Life Member

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of those who threaten it.
Trepang View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trepang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2021 at 6:51pm
Thank you guys - I appreciate the warm welcome.

Pingjockey ... we stood on the same decks.  I deployed on Boise in 2008. In a former life I was an ACINT Rider. 

Navy SCPO, Thanks, nice to be amongst friends here (even from with an Airdale...LOL).

Thanks again guys  - Nice to find ya'll
USN Retired
Two types of ships: Submarines & Targets
arthur View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2021 at 10:42pm
I might as well jump in here, welcome from an old boomer boat swabby, but not a lifer. DD544-SSBN598-SSBN636. WELCOME ABOARD!! and I like INLAND CARBINES!
 Post Reply Post Reply