The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member from Oregon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mekc57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from Oregon
    Posted: Jul 12 2021 at 7:38pm
I guess I posted my first post in the wrong place.
Hello,
My name’s Mike and I live in Southern Oregon.
I’m a former Marine and have always had a few guns around. I’m not really a collector per say. I’d say more of a hobbyist. It picked up when I ran across an early Springfield M1A in a pawn shop and it caught my eye. I had been issued a M14 for a short time while stationed at Marine Barracks in Hawaii. Not long after being stationed there they changed over to the M16’s. Anyway my fondness for wood and steel still lives.
I recently got on board the Midway lottery for M1 Carbines. I ended up with an Inland mix master in a Rockola high wood stock s/n 2246XX dated 2-43. Now I have a little brother for my M14.

A few of you have been kind enough to give me some insight into what I have from my other post and I thank you for the input and knowledge. 

Former USMC
NRA Life Member
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2021 at 11:21pm
welcome from NC- I too prefer older wood/ metal to newer style stamped metal. 
Mekc57 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mekc57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2021 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Bigheavy31 Bigheavy31 wrote:

welcome from NC- I too prefer older wood/ metal to newer style stamped metal. 
I have some scary black guns too. I just prefer the older war horses. Always wanted a M1 Carbine. Until now I’ve used a Mini 14 to satisfy that roll because of the lack of easy supply. Now I have both.
Former USMC
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply