Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Markings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Markings
    Posted: Jun 26 2021 at 7:35pm
Question is were these markings really missed or removed ??

Sold 6-13 to a Buyer with just 6 transactions counting this one.
Inland 7,5xx,xxx
Seller left buyer feedback.
No feedback yet from buyer.

If 'Removed' We don't need this type of 'Dealing' in this current Political Climate.
Would the Serial number 'Ring a Bell' with **That Agency?**

Edit *** To remove Agency name ***

Ch-P777

Edited by New2brass - Jun 27 2021 at 11:56am
Living Free because of those that serve.....
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2021 at 8:42pm
It's a stupid ruling on the marking of them anyway. The rule out to say to scrub it off. I say the less said, the less chance that ridiculous agency has to use against everyone. Better to ask Dan to have this thread deleted than to draw any attention to it Seriously.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2021 at 11:52pm
My thoughts were if the buyer didn't know any better.
And if this might benefit newer collectors in what to look out for.
I have no problem with this being deleted if that is in the best interest of members and the Mods.

Ch-P777
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2021 at 1:05am
Maybe you're right on that, educating the new people. Didn't really think about that.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2021 at 7:25am
Yes, educating newbs is important, but if they didn't know about this particular marking rule and more precisely what an M2 carbine is and does then maybe they shouldn't be messing with carbines to begin with. Unfortunately, I've seen threads like this more than a few times over the years and why I understand the basic motivations behind them... some of the threads, much like this one, go too far in alerting the alphabet people that are the reason for posting such things to begin with. Personally, this whole post needs an immediate deletion and hopefully ones like them will never see the light of day again, but for some reason I feel it's going have a life of its own.
Jond41403 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jond41403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2021 at 9:03am
most newbies only understand one thing, they want that rifle! Most newbies when they buy their first rifle or rifles, don't even know how to break them down to clean them much less about the stamping markings. I know from first hand experience about newbies, when my son was younger and his friends would buy rifles, they would automatically bring them to me to show them how to break them down, clean them, reassemble them and use them correctly and safely. Everybody has to start somewhere.jmo
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2021 at 12:07pm
there have been several reports of Inland carbines in the later 7 million range. There is even one pictured in "That book"
the issue is that upon closer examination the receivers were welded from two halves. Some of them very hard to notice unless you are specifically looking for it.

As to the code words, If they are looking they would be searching all of them and more.

painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2021 at 4:48pm
What about the Seller?
The Point is this was sold and described as:

Inland M1 Carbine WWII C&R Late Issue 6th Block Production 7.5M

New to carbines buyer buys from a established seller.
Is a new buyer suppose to know the Serial number blocks?
Seller bears no responsibility in the item, description or legality ?

Look on some of the Redditt Sub Forums. Many, Many first time Mil Surp buyers.
Asking some of the most 'Newb' questions you've ever read.
To quote one:
"I just purchased my first M1 Carbine from Midway, it's a 30-06"
"Do I need special Military Ammo for my first Carbine"

As far as the ABC boys I don't fear them. They've been here at my home and office before and will be again. I've actually purchased arms thru referrals from some of them.

No Rant intended, I'll add no more as this is not in the interest or benefit of the Club.

Ch-P777

Post Reply Post Reply