The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redtail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: Jun 13 2021 at 10:27pm
Hi all, 
Been collecting Garands for a few yrs., but have never acquired the M1 carbine.
 Until now. 
I took advantage of the un molested carbines from Italy @ Midway.
After handling it , I now understand the draw. Quite a neat and nimble little gun. 

Here for the hive carbine knowledge and smiles.
RT
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 8:14am
welcome and I agree the carbine is a fascinating piece of history. Everyone here loves to see pictures- post some up of your carbine!
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 9:03am
Welcome. I'm not much of a Garand person, but counted about 14 stocks moving them yesterday. I tried getting into them a couple of times, but it just never took.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 9:29am
I never got into garands. Owned two total, one is an all correct 1954 IHC I still have and the second was a 1943 SA rebuilt in 1950 that I ended up selling to put funds towards more Carbines. Welcome to the addiction    
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 9:39am
You hear Garand collectors say they have an example of a Winchester Carbine to accent their WRA Garand. I have a couple of Winchester Garands. Probably not to accent but just because there was value and intrigue in Winchester. Got an RR etched lug IHC and a nice SA. The HRA is a drill with a beautifully marked and colored receiver.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 5:31pm
Welcome.   Have 3 Garands myself but like the carbine much more.
Mschro79 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mschro79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 6:36pm
Welcome to the club! The Garand and Carbine are both works of art. I have 5 Garands and two Carbines. Would love to work a deal with someone on a Korean era Springfield Garand for Winchester carbine. Who knows... I am sure there have been crazier 'asks' on this sight!
Mark
Go Navy! USNS Mercy DS/DS
Best movie line ever! 'Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin!' -Fletcher
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 6:45pm
wish I would have known a few weeks ago, I would have traded my garand for a WRA carbine easily. I had a SA 1943 receiver and bolt close in heat numbers, while the barrel, trigger housing and internals, and op rod all had close heat numbers. It was a complete SA that was rebuilt in 1950
Mschro79 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mschro79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 7:48pm
sorry, I didn't say that correct. I have a Garand that I would like to trade for a Carbine. I should proof read better!
Mark
Go Navy! USNS Mercy DS/DS
Best movie line ever! 'Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin!' -Fletcher
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 8:07pm
Apparently I did this wrong- maybe I need to get a Winchester carbine to match my garand…
Redtail View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redtail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2021 at 10:49pm
Tried to post up pics, but says image size is to large.
Will post in General when I have time to figure out the tech stuff.

RT
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2021 at 12:41am
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2021 at 4:53am
RT, welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you chose to add an M1 carbine to your firearm collection. I am sure you will enjoy it. I have a Garand as well. Its a Winchester M1D ring. I've been thinking about adding an International Harvester to my collection since I live near Evansville, IN where they were made. While I love my iconic Garand, I tend to favor my carbines a little more, especially at the range. 

I hope you stay active on the forum. From my experience it's a great place to learn.
101Abn View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 101Abn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2021 at 6:51am
Welcome! 

Post Reply Post Reply