FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rock-ola Receiver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mooreguncrazy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreguncrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock-ola Receiver
    Posted: Mar 22 2021 at 5:13pm
Hello, I knew, from this site, the Inland serial was a duplicate, but I couldn't find any info for the X on my Rock-ola.  Thanks
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2021 at 4:45pm
Rock-ola marked some parts with an X that were selected to be inspected randomly.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2021 at 3:46pm
I'll bet the Inland is a saginaw subcontract receiver. It will have an SG stamped on the forward left side of the receiver near the bottom edge. The X indicates that the serial number is a duplicate with an Inland produced receiver. I can't help with the X on the Rock-Ola. Maybe one of the other guys know what its about.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
mooreguncrazy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreguncrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2021 at 1:30pm
Hello, I was cleaning my carbines today and saw a mark on my Rock-ola carbine ( Ser. 1753105) I hadn't noticed before. There is an X near the rear of the receiver inside where the slide rides in it's cutout. Is this a common mark on a Rock-ola? The other of my carbines don't have a mark like this in that area. The only other carbine I have with an X is an Inland and it is at the end if it's serial number. 

Post Reply Post Reply