The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Joining in from the Last Frontier

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lastfrontier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joining in from the Last Frontier
    Posted: Feb 17 2021 at 10:58pm
I just joined after finding an Irwin-Pedersen M1 Carbine yesterday at a local gun shop in Anchorage.  They clearly did not know what they had on the rack...

I've been a fan of the M1 Carbine and M1 Garand for years.  I have several of each.  This new addition will be special of course.  It will join a hand-stamped Inland, two Quality Hardware, a Standard Products, and a National Postal Meter that was converted by Tim LeGendre of LeMag to fire .45 Winchester Magnum.

Sorry to hear that so many of you down there in the lower 48 are getting weather colder than me here in Alaska...
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2021 at 11:47pm
Welcome to the forum, would love to see some pictures of your NPM .45 Win Mag. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2021 at 7:07am
Welcome to the forum.  Great find on the IP.
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2021 at 3:47pm
Welcome from the Ohio/Lake Erie snow belt! While we don't usually get the cold temps, we do get them on occasion, as much as -18°. But we get a lot of snow as well. When the snow gets to 24 inches, we actually slow down to the speed limit! The guys in northern PA and western NY know what I'm talking about. BTW, if you'd like to have your weather back, we'll be glad to return it. *LOL* Welcome to the Club! Oh yeah! It was a balmy -4° here yesterday morning.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply