The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from NC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palmettopilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2021 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by ncin1911 ncin1911 wrote:

Originally posted by palmettopilot palmettopilot wrote:

Originally posted by painter777 painter777 wrote:

Looks like a really good start. Needing a barrel band and a few small things.
Noticed the L marked Frt sight, not sure if it's real but what's up with the color? Has it been painted ?

I hope it all comes together easy and fills your need.

Congrats,
Charlie-P777

I have no reason to believe the Lyman manufactured Winchester front sight is fake. It was packed with cosmoline. I purchased that particular piece from Riverbank Armory because from my research it's correct for the barrel. 

@palmettopilot
Sorry to bring the bad news but RB sells fake parts. 

Here is one of many discussions.
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/ebay-seller-legit_topic4593.html

Oh man, definitely a bummer. That's the only thing I ordered from them. I'll post some more pictures of it in natural light. 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2021 at 6:09pm
as you point out your barrel is too early.
your receiver would have been one of the first ones on June 14, 1943 to have had the serial number applied.

Send the L sight back to George An L marked front sight may be correct for the barrel but not correct for the receiver.
palmettopilot View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palmettopilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2021 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Originally posted by palmettopilot palmettopilot wrote:

I have no reason to believe the Lyman manufactured Winchester front sight is fake. It was packed with cosmoline. I purchased that particular piece from Riverbank Armory because from my research it's correct for the barrel. 

You are aware of the fact that Riverbank is notorious for selling reproduction parts right?

I was not. I am now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12