The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbine Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M1 Carbine Magazine Values? Bayonet value?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGNickl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M1 Carbine Magazine Values? Bayonet value?
    Posted: Nov 25 2020 at 3:23am
I inherited a Universal M1 carbine from my grandfather and its a great shooter and fun but obviously not a collector. Of course it came with a ton of stuff that I believe was from when he had a real M1 carbine that was stolen. Since I don't have a real M1 carbine I'm planning on selling the magazines and trying to figure out what all I have and what fair values to sell them would be. 

I have 30 round magazines (3) magazines marked with K1M2 and (1) marked with SEY.

I also have 15 round magazines marked with AI (with lines above and below it), IU, UR, and IU (with a circle around it).

I also have a bayonet that on the sheath is marked USM8.

Edited by KGNickl - Nov 25 2020 at 9:57am
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2020 at 9:53am
Look at the guard and the pommel of the bayonet for markings.
If anything like the magazines you far more value in the accessories than the value of the universal.

All of you 30 rounders are hardbacks and they were WW2 issue.
Your 15 rounders are also USGI made during WW2

see bayo points for the M4. BP 16 and 17 are good places to start
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2020 at 11:05pm
KGN,
Welcome to TCCCF,
You could try a 'Completed Auction' search on ebay and get an idea of market price, minus the fees they charge.

All M1 Carbine magazines there are listed as 10 rders. Over 10 round capacity is against the rules there....  Wink

Could also do the same on Gunbroker, where 15 + rounders are ok to list.

HTH,
Charlie-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
thirtyround View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtyround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2020 at 12:51am
Greetings, do you still have any hardback 30 round magazines , I am interested in obtaining several if you still have any available Cheers, JB
KGNickl View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGNickl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2020 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by thirtyround thirtyround wrote:

Greetings, do you still have any hardback 30 round magazines , I am interested in obtaining several if you still have any available Cheers, JB
Message sent.
mdk220 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdk220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2021 at 4:18pm
hello - would you be interested in selling some of the K1M2 marked 30 round mags?
thx mike 
mike kloiber
KGNickl View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGNickl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2021 at 4:22pm
I’ve sold all the magazines I had posted about.
mdk220 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdk220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2021 at 4:54pm
sorry about that - late to the show
mike kloiber
 Post Reply Post Reply