Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB - M1A1 Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hesalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB - M1A1 Carbine
    Posted: Nov 23 2020 at 12:27pm
Hello,

Looking for a nice M1A1 to add to my collection. 

Thank you! 

Diego
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2020 at 5:00pm
Diego, I see you are in Atlanta area.  Have you tried any local gun shows?   I’ve been seeing them pop up more and more but at a steep price tag.  They just had a few for sale on gunrunner not that long ago and I want to say they went for around $2k. Good luck in your hunt for an M1A1 and be sure to post pictures we you get one. 
Hesalite View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hesalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Beezer Beezer wrote:

Diego, I see you are in Atlanta area.  Have you tried any local gun shows?   I’ve been seeing them pop up more and more but at a steep price tag.  They just had a few for sale on gunrunner not that long ago and I want to say they went for around $2k. Good luck in your hunt for an M1A1 and be sure to post pictures we you get one. 

Hello,

I've had great luck finding them at gunshows. They're way overpriced like you mentioned, with cracked stocks, and incorrect parts. 

Seems people only bring their trash to gun shows, I want the good ones!

Thank you!
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Hesalite Hesalite wrote:

I want the good ones!

Expect to pay a premium. 3k+
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Hesalite View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hesalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2020 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Originally posted by Hesalite Hesalite wrote:

I want the good ones!

Expect to pay a premium. 3k+

$3k is fine with me!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2020 at 10:25am
Nice to see others interested in acquiring a paratrooper. You’ll need to be a little more specific in your quest for an M1A1. It appears you want either an honest arsenal, CMP or all original M1A1. Big difference in price. Unless the seller doesn’t know what they have or you are the only one who knows it is for sale, 3k won’t get an original version. Should get you an arsenal though or maybe a CMP. Before the whole SARS2 thing, retail (including gun shows) on an arsenal was around 3k. They could be had for less a few years ago and I do see them go for less from time to time.

The M1A1 world has gone nuts in the last year or so. Have seen 2 clearly marked arsenal M1A1’s sell for over 5k. Hope it was just two guys and their egos vs thinking it was as it left the factory marked RA-P.

Saw an ad recently for a 5k M1A1. It was marked AA for Augusta arsenal, but for some reason the seller thinks it means airborne.

A few carefully worded searches should yield paratroopers coming up for sale soon.

Also you are wise to reach out for evaluation help on your quest. That is worth more than the price of an M1A1

Good luck on your quest.
Hesalite View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hesalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2020 at 10:28am
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Nice to see others interested in acquiring a paratrooper. You’ll need to be a little more specific in your quest for an M1A1. It appears you want either an honest arsenal, CMP or all original M1A1. Big difference in price. Unless the seller doesn’t know what they have or you are the only one who knows it is for sale, 3k won’t get an original version. Should get you an arsenal though or maybe a CMP. Before the whole SARS2 thing, retail (including gun shows) on an arsenal was around 3k. They could be had for less a few years ago and I do see them go for less from time to time.

The M1A1 world has gone nuts in the last year or so. Have seen 2 clearly marked arsenal M1A1’s sell for over 5k. Hope it was just two guys and their egos vs thinking it was as it left the factory marked RA-P.

Saw an ad recently for a 5k M1A1. It was marked AA for Augusta arsenal, but for some reason the seller thinks it means airborne.

A few carefully worded searches should yield paratroopers coming up for sale soon.

Also you are wise to reach out for evaluation help on your quest. That is worth more than the price of an M1A1

Good luck on your quest.

Thank you for the kind words. 

I’ve left it open to see what’s out there. I honestly wouldn’t mind an Arsenal refinished carbine. I’ve found many for sale and they’re either in bad condition, or barreled receivers thrown into original stocks. That’s why I’m reaching out here where the experts hang out :)
M274A4 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M274A4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2020 at 1:47pm
good luck, keep looking.   Have had very good luck with local gun shows, very nice examples found.  Try checking out auctions if possible.   Can occasionally find a good one there too.   Saw a paratrooper last year, didn’t inspect it, as we weren’t in the market then, but it looked decent.  Prices in the range of $995 to $1400.00 at the time.  Don’t give up
 Post Reply Post Reply