The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad News, looks like the Korean Surplus is gone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad News, looks like the Korean Surplus is gone
    Posted: Nov 07 2020 at 10:18pm
Only a couple places left and they ain't cheap. I snagged 9 more bandoleers from SG Ammo Tuesday morning, figured I wait to see who won before I made another order and now their out. There was a outfit called Outdoor Limited that had 100 cases Tuesday nite I was using as a back up (their shipping was a tad higher than SG), they sold that out by Friday.

I'll have 2000 some rounds of Korean when my last order gets here this week ,plus  3500 rounds assorted Armscor and S&B.

It'll have to due, I figure when I run through the Korean I'll park my Carbines until someone gets more of anything decent back in, and the prices will suck for sure. At least I'm in better shape than after the Newtown shooting, I only had a few 100 rounds on hand then with 4 Carbines. It was 1/2 the reason I sold the 2 "commercials" I had then.....

I've 5 now plus another Fulton Armory on order. Hopefully next year we'll see something we can shoot. No plans on selling this time, I'll ride it out    
choprboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choprboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2020 at 2:03am
I would give it a few days. SG Ammo trickles their stock onto the website. I bought a case of the Korean surplus a few weeks ago when they showed they had 3 in stock. The following Monday they suddenly had 9 in stock again...

The Korean case and bandoleer options don't even show up at the moment, where as old 0 stock items are there. So I'm guessing the advertised stock is out, will probably show 5-10 again come Monday or Tuesday.

That said, the rush on ammo for the last year is serious putting a crimp on my collection of vintage rifles. Jap 6.5 now costs as much as 50BMG did at the beginning of the year and French/Swiss 7.5 is getting expensive too.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2020 at 7:42am
I hope your right but I ain't getting my hopes up. There had to be a limited amount of it out there anyway so eventually it'll run out.

I'd been shooting my Carbines mainly this summer and fall because I could snag the Korean at a decent price. I even "tuned up" (new springs and a new extractor) the Plainfield commercial carbine I bought over the summer so I could use it as my main plinker Carbine. 

I figure the 2000 rounds Korean is my "shooting stash" for now, 3000 Armscor my reserve stash and I'm saving a case of 500 for the new Fulton Armory when it gets here in February (I hope, unless our new libtard overlords try their anti gun crap before it's done) 
Marty Black View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Editor in Chief Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Marty Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2020 at 11:17am
We're all very aware of the highly emotional gun control issues that have been surrounding us for decades. But let's try to keep the politics and the name-calling out of our posts.

Thanks, Marty Black
Marty Black
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2020 at 2:31pm
I'm glad I bought a can of the Korean ammo last month. I wasn't sure i got it at a bargain price, but at least got some. Geez, its one thing for the 9mm and other popular ammo to disappear. But, come on man, now 30 carbine?! Can't even find it locally anywhere on the shelves. The real question is whether ammo shortages are going to get worse before it gets better and for how long?
bonnie View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2020 at 3:46pm
https://ammoseek.com/ammo/30-carbine still shows a couple of ammo sellers with Korean Carbine for sale.
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2020 at 3:50pm
You can still get Korean surplus carbine ammo here:

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/1080rds-30-carbine-korean-military-surplus-110gr-fmj-ammo-in-ammo-can

And here:

https://www.jgsales.com/-p-104563.html

It's costing a little bit more but still available.
JackP
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2020 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by jackp1028 jackp1028 wrote:

You can still get Korean surplus carbine ammo here:

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/1080rds-30-carbine-korean-military-surplus-110gr-fmj-ammo-in-ammo-can

And here:

https://www.jgsales.com/-p-104563.html

It's costing a little bit more but still available.

J&G wants $49 bucks for shipping
choprboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choprboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 12:39am
It is Tuesday and SG Ammo now has listed:
- 8 cans of 1080 rounds
- 47 bandoliers of 120 rounds

... trickle stock, nailed it. In other news the price has gone way, way up, glad I ordered a few weeks ago.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 12:55am
Wow that is a heck of a price increase, also glad I ordered a couple weeks ago. Sure hope .50 cents a round is not going to be the new norm.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 8:43am
Holy price jumps Batman Thumbs Down That price I'll use Ammoseek and if I have to pay that price just order new production ammo. Right now I can find this in stock and even with the shipping it's cheaper than what SG is wanting now

https://miwallcorp.com/fiocchi-ammunition-30-carbine-110-grain-full-metal-jacket/ 

Only reason I ain't ordering a case of 500 now is I just got my last case of Korean from SG, that gives me 2000 rounds of that, it'll hold me for awhile plus my reserve stock of 3000. 
03manV View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 03manV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 9:16am
We knew that the Korean surplus is a finite quantity, so it is not surprising that it is reaching the "end".

Merchants know the law of supply and demand; it is natural that the price begins to go up as the seemingly vast quantity gets bought and stored away by guys like us! 

I fully expect that the new "norm" will be significantly higher for months or maybe a year; or until the
panic buying and hoarding stops. JMHO.Cry
Don
1989LX View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989LX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 5:01pm
Glad I ordered a couple bandoliers a few weeks back!
USGI magazines are like potato chips, you can't have just one!
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 7:07pm
I ordered quite a bit and have been saving brass for reloading.  On a side note, I thought I would check out SG Ammo for the price of .300 blackout and .303 british.  SG Ammo site keeps coming up as “Site offline”.  Anyone else seeing this?
choprboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choprboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 7:37pm
It comes up for me, but they use Cloudflare as a front end proxy,so maybe your hitting a different server. I would try doing a hard refresh: <ctlr>+F5.

That said, at the moment SGAmmo is showing 0 stock of both.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 7:48pm
They are showing 42 bandoliers and 9 cans in stock for me?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 7:59pm
The site offline error had a fine print saying due to overwhelming orders, they will be shutting their site down for a few hours
choprboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choprboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2020 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

They are showing 42 bandoliers and 9 cans in stock for me?

I meant 0 stock for the 300 blackout and 303 british. 42 and 9 for the 30 carbine.
jeepwm69 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepwm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by 03manV 03manV wrote:

We knew that the Korean surplus is a finite quantity, so it is not surprising that it is reaching the "end".

Merchants know the law of supply and demand; it is natural that the price begins to go up as the seemingly vast quantity gets bought and stored away by guys like us! 

I fully expect that the new "norm" will be significantly higher for months or maybe a year; or until the
panic buying and hoarding stops. JMHO.Cry

I remember buying 7.62x51 for .10/round shipped, and 5.56 a little cheaper than that.

Surplus ammo doesn't stay around long, especially in today's market. 

When you see it, you better be quick, or it will be gone.
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2020 at 6:09pm
I got an email today from Classic Firearms, they must purchase from RTI because they are selling gunsmith refurb carbines and cans of Korean ammo. Hurry, only 1 can left.  Ha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>