The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We Got a Woody Here Guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Got a Woody Here Guys
    Posted: Oct 05 2020 at 11:59am
Well done.  Sharp looking carbine you have there.
Bungalow Bill View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bungalow Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2020 at 11:44am
Nice work — that looks really good. 
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2020 at 8:23pm
As in a newly finished stock Big smile

I mentioned a few weeks ago I'd snagged a unfinished Boyds Carbine stock set, finally finished it up tonight

That's my 1943 Inland wearing it's new wood.

I went ahead and used a fresh set of metal parts from Fulton Armory instead of recycling the metal from the old birch stock. 2 reasons. I either plan on using the birch stock on my Howachester if I decide to take the Ultimak rail off of it. If I don't do that there is also a chance I might take the stock off of my 1966 Plainfield and use the birch stock on it.

I did "goof" a tad on the oiler insert right side. I needed to dermal out some for the oiler right hand side and took a bit more off one area than I wanted to. Odds are I'm the only one who will notice it unless you really look hard.

Hand guard could be a tad better fit but I figure for $100 bucks and some linseed oil it'll do
 Post Reply Post Reply