Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OGCA show a go!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OGCA show a go!
    Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 8:28am
Good news for those of us who haven't been to a show in 7-8 months.  The Ohio Gun Collectors Ass., show, which is a members only show, is on for this weekend.  Show size has been reduced to allow more open space and I hear they will be counting heads going in and out to keep track of attendance inside the show.

If you are planning on attending, please stop by my table at P-10 and introduce yourself.  I will have a rack of 7 nice rifles for display only, that I hope will garner some attention.  Maybe try to meet at my table at say 12:00-12:30 so everyone can meet each other?  And don't forget your mask!

Thanks,
James Angle
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2020 at 5:51pm
Stay 6 feet apart. Once thru following the direction indicated. Masks required. Temps taken before entering. If you want to go thru a second time you need to get back in line. Members only on saturday. Guests may be brought on Sunday. I'll be there on Saturday morning.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2020 at 2:21pm
Went to the OGCA show yesterday. Met Jangle there. Picked up an Underwood and paid too much, but it was the only one with an affordable price tag. Probably around a dozen or so for sale. Not going to bother with a data sheet on this one. It is an obvious "put-together". It is mostly Underwood parts, but an early 43 receiver with a late 44 barrel. .U. marked everything in the trigger group, but early, mid and late internals in a mid trigger housing. Type 3 b-band and stamped rear sight. Fine diamond butt plate on an M-U marked T3 stock. SU bolt with .U. T3 firing pin and extractor. Front sight .U. on front left.  Unmarked T3 safety. Bolt didn't quite close on a no-go and muzzle measured barely 2 so it should be a decent shooter. I suspect it was assembled from spare parts bins due to the mix of parts, but that was all I was looking for anyway.
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2020 at 3:19pm
Went to our local show late and it was a very light crowd then. A friend bought a substantially original early Inland someone swapped the rear sight for an adjustable on, and also the stock was an IR. Everything else was original Inland without tearing the group down. Dogleg with dogleg only strikes, checkered safety, UI swivel. Paid 850. No staking on dovetail. 
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
arthur View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2020 at 8:59pm
Was the OGCA show crowded or what? I wanted to go but chickened out. Don't like crowds. Don't like lines. Got COPD and shouldn't go anyway.  We carbine guys need to meet and swap and tell lies there like we did at Columbus shows thirty or forty years ago................ Ron 
Durango56 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2020 at 8:33am
I went after 12:00 on Saturday is wasn't crowed at all. Jangle had a nice display table set up with some very nice Carbines. Even if there would have been more of a crowd it was well organized, one way aisles, enter at one end exit at the other. 
jangle View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2020 at 8:54am
Originally posted by arthur arthur wrote:

Was the OGCA show crowded or what? I wanted to go but chickened out. Don't like crowds. Don't like lines. Got COPD and shouldn't go anyway.  We carbine guys need to meet and swap and tell lies there like we did at Columbus shows thirty or forty years ago................ Ron 

Ron,
Really missed seeing you at the show.  I assumed after you didn't show on Sunday you were just being cautious.  Had a very good turnout on Saturday and decent crowd Sunday.  You know you are always welcome to sit behind the table with me if you need a break.

Enjoyed talking with Smokpole and a few other members who told me they visit this site frequently.  I didn't have the freedom to walk the show with the display I had set-up, but I did receive a few very good leeds that may turn up something in November.  

Had one gentleman said he tried to bring in a Carbine at the January show, but the fellas at the gun check table wouldn't let him in with it.  Ask him if he remembered the serial number range, and he said 701xxxx, with no paperwork.Wink

Only item I bought, which is new to me was a variation III OP slide made by Winchester with an R (for Rock Ola?) stamped in the bottom.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2020 at 9:59pm
I took a full auto Carbine to our local show once expecting someone at the check-in line to notice and perhaps ask about paperwork but they didn't notice. A few people walking around noticed the switch.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
 Post Reply Post Reply