Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carbines from Classic Firearms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbines from Classic Firearms
    Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 6:57pm
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 7:12pm
"We also did a multi point dry function test to insure that the rifles would be in good working order."  Anybody else think that seems a little lacking? 
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 8:06pm
$1199 - wow - glad I bought my "Union Fork & Hoe" while they were cheap!

Comedy of errors/mis-statements in that video. They might be hand selected Etheopian carbines? Rough slings and worn metal condition like the RTI batch. I don't see how they avoid the import mark.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 8:16pm
Sounds like they borrowed from the RTI School of Marketing. As much as it pains me I'll have to pass.
Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 9:09pm
They even missed out the rare “I” type butt oiler slot!
choprboy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote choprboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 wrote:

I don't see how they avoid the import mark.

I'm going to say they are import marked. Instead of the embedded video on their website, here is the link to the Youtube video itself. I didn't catch them saying they were unmarked, but I may have missed it somewhere in there or on their website.

Set the video to high resolution and 0.25 speed and look 4:59-5:02... The bottom of the barrel just behind the front sight is import marked. You can as catch glimpses of it in other parts of the video as well as the light catches the stamping, 4:24, 7:57, 12:33, etc. Definitely import marked.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L3KiTY-jLs0

GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by choprboy choprboy wrote:

I don't see how they avoid the import mark.

I'm going to say they are import marked. Instead of the embedded video on their website, here is the link to the Youtube video itself. I didn't catch them saying they were unmarked, but I may have missed it somewhere in there or on their website.

Set the video to high resolution and 0.25 speed and look 4:59-5:02... The bottom of the barrel just behind the front sight is import marked. You can as catch glimpses of it in other parts of the video as well as the light catches the stamping, 4:24, 7:57, 12:33, etc. Definitely import marked.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L3KiTY-jLs0

They'd eluded to the import marking in the product description "Rifles have and are being sold under their original serial #'s and have not been importer re-marked". Good eye on the markings, I'm on my phone and didn't notice it.
BUT for any of you that hesitated -- looks like they are Out of Stock now! That was quick. I for one am just devestated   
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2020 at 10:33pm

BUT for any of you that hesitated -- looks like they are Out of Stock now! That was quick. I for one am just devestated   

Wow, that was quick, I sure hope whoever gets one of the "Union Fork and Hoe" Carbines posts some pictures on one of the forums. LOL
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
rickplayer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2020 at 12:08am
Thats how they were packed? Looks staged.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2020 at 5:48am
It would be interesting to know where they got them.  They stated, "We had the opportunity to inspect these rifles before purchase and each one was chosen based on our grading and criteria. If the rifle did not live up to our grading standard of at least NRA surplus good, or if it failed our mechanical dry fire test, then it was rejected. What we ended up with was a very nice small lot of M1 Carbines."  That would make you think there is a batch of "project" carbines with an importer somewhere that might be a good deal.  On the other hand, if a batch of carbines come up for sale soon then there is a good chance they've been cherry picked, but by their video not picked for original parts and mfgs.  Perhaps on here or another forum someone bought one and can relay the importer info.
shadycon View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2020 at 8:21am
I wonder how they were shipped! When was the last time you saw a shipping box that arrived looking brand new? Not a single gun has moved during shipping!Ermm
M1's are FUN!!!
TSMG's are more FUN!!!
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2020 at 7:54pm
I was watching a video from another site and they were talking about how one of them found the hoard of guns in Ethiopia and long story condensed.... The deal for them fell they due to funding and they let RTI buy them but they were able to work a deal to get some of the guns.  I will try to find the video and post it.  It was a guy destroying Classic Firearms because they stuffed his friend out of the Ethiopia deal. 
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2020 at 9:01pm
I just watched the U Tube video that choprboy linked.
Reading the comments was interesting. Surprising the lack of knowledge by the sellers and many that left comments.

This comment about Matt, the one with glasses:

"Matt has implanted an old gun encyclopedia into his brain.... the man is obviously a cyborg..... because he kills it in knowledge every video."

Another comment had me wondering if anyone had ever heard of this story ??

"I have told this story before. I do not know for sure that it is true,,,,,but I believe it IS TRUE.
As told to me in the late 1990s. I worked at a former GM location in the Dayton area. An employee (so long ago I can not remember his name)told me what happened at the Inland(just north of Dayton)plant a few years prior. The Inland plant was a Delphi plant which was THE former manufacturer of the carbine. As more jobs were sent overseas, Delphi would make changes to the plant. Adding a wall here, or taking a wall out there. While in the process of taking out a wall, they found that the wall was a false wall. Inside the false wall were 2 sealed crates. So, the employees opened the crates and inside were unmarked/no serial numbered carbines. They were complete. My guess is that once the war was over and the contracts stopped, there was enough parts available to finish up a few more. A sort of time capsule. Could some of these been M2's?????? Anyways, all of them made it out without management knowing any different. This is all I know of this event. Is it true,,,,I believe so."

I also got a kick out of Clint and Matt calling out the MRD and AAM stock markings as they seen them as if they were Manufacturers markings. Like the 'Springfield' mark.
I'm still not sure about the Calvary comments by the Hosts.

choprboy,
Thx for the U tube link

Ch-P777

Living Free because of those that serve.....
Carl Bine View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Bine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2020 at 12:44pm
That video gave me a headache.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2020 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by sling00 sling00 wrote:

It would be interesting to know where they got them. 

There are already some reviews for these on Classic's website. They were in fact imported by RTI and have the IOINC MELB FL import marking.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
ShowMeM1Carbs View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowMeM1Carbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2020 at 3:01pm
I did get one, and can confirm the IOINC MELB FL import marking.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2021 at 7:37pm
So Classic Firearms has more Carbines for sale, looks like they got another batch from RTI. And best of all, a new video from these clowns.

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2021 at 8:24pm
Sheesh, they can't even get the operation of the safety right..
I didn't even know that Rockola was making receivers for everyone *roll eyes*.
Checking out the sales page, looks like they have a "transitional" option for a rifle with a type 1 or 2 band. In the description it says they could have flip sights. I'm doubting that, why wouldn't they have such an example in the video?? Would be the perfect opportunity to work up a sales frenzy.
 Post Reply Post Reply