The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Range Report, a tale of 2 M-1 Carbines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Range Report, a tale of 2 M-1 Carbines
    Posted: Jul 17 2020 at 8:44pm
Took 2 Carbines to the range today. USGI Inland and my Howa based Carbine. Both have been rebuilt by Fulton Armory and have new Criterion chrome lined barrels

1st up, the Inland,

75 rounds at 50 rounds benched

50 rounds center mass, 25 rounds aiming for the head. 2 flyers on the head shots, and 5 in the neck trying s different aim spot (tight groups, and cheap binocs Big smile , I couldn't see crap)

Next up, the Howa,

This will be getting the stock off the Inland sometime, I've a new walnut one ordered for it and will swap this on out when it comes in.

Little looser groups on this one, I have to aim a inch low at 50 yards to get center mass and the sun didn't help today 
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2020 at 10:50pm
Looks like somebody was having fun with his carbines. Don't you love it when these old carbines are functioning well and the holes in the paper are going where you want them. Thanks for the post. It also reminds me that I could use some range therapy. 
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2020 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Donnie Donnie wrote:

Looks like somebody was having fun with his carbines. Don't you love it when these old carbines are functioning well and the holes in the paper are going where you want them. Thanks for the post. It also reminds me that I could use some range therapy. 

Yeap, it was a decent day. I did have 2 FTF's on the Howa. I'm thinking it's ammo. I've been using Aguila through it and have more FTF's with it than I have any other ammo brand.

The good news is I only have 100 rounds of that left and plan on using PPU or Armscor for now on. I'd heard Aquila has spotty but bought a case of 500 back when the current ammo crunch started to have extra .30 Carbine to shot. I've been getting 1 FTF every 100 or so with this crap and think it's dirty and underpowered 1/2 the time. I swear the recoil between rounds feels different every time I shoot it   
 Post Reply Post Reply