Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finding S'G' Parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burrojack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding S'G' Parts
    Posted: Mar 26 2020 at 5:20pm
Hey Carbine Folks,

Can anyone recommend a source (commercial or private) for S'G' parts?  Trying to restore
a later S'G" carbine, and pretty much need all trigger housing parts, barrel swivel, etc.
Thanks for your help,

Burrojack
JnS
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2020 at 5:38pm
A good place to start is a “wanted” thread here on the forum. Other forums and places like gunbroker and ebay can be productive. Be ready to pay a premium for most S’G’ parts. 
Decksterdog View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decksterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2020 at 12:02pm
http://riverbankarmory.com/parts1.html is a very good source for M1 Carbine parts and they had S'G' recently.  A little pricey, but after all, they are hard to find.  
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2020 at 12:21pm
Most members in-the-know here hold Riverbank suspect as to authenticity. I think I will have to hold my nose and purchase a mag. catch knowing it might be humped. Just can’t find what I want elsewhere.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2020 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Decksterdog Decksterdog wrote:

http://riverbankarmory.com/parts1.html is a very good source for M1 Carbine parts and they had S'G' recently.  A little pricey, but after all, they are hard to find.  

Do you ever wonder where they get all of the "hard to find" parts. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Do you ever wonder where they get all of the "hard to find" parts. 

ChinaLOL

@Floyd: Suspect?

For all, there are search boxes below the top banner. Might want to type a search into the first box to search forums and main pages (USGI)
Middle is for commercial carbine web pages only, so search the first if you want forum results.
right searches the occupation carbine web pages.
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2020 at 5:24pm
A quick shout out to Wayne and Dan for always being so helpful digging up links for so many members.
Seriously, your both a great asset to us... 
But some need to do some research on their own if they really want to learn and mostly if they want to 'Remember' what it is they've learned.

I understand if questions are asked because someone has tried to search but just can't find the direction they need.

Note this:
While talking about hard to locate parts........ A clue about real or repro could be near unlimited supply. A current Auction seller is offering Rock Ola KR Fat boy dog leg hammers shows they've already sold 18 of them and still has 3 more listed available at this very time.

This same seller currently lists a S'G' Fat boy hammer for sale with 7 available and having already sold 10 of them.

That's a nice stash !
But hold on ! I now see he has a WRA Dog leg hammer listed. Having already sold 14 of them, but 2 currently available. 

Keep track when these sell out. If you then see them listing again with 18-24 of each 'Available' you'll have a general idea of their bulk purchases.
Keep in mind the next shipments will take longer for them to receive with the Virus precautions at customs.

Happy Easter and be Safe All,
Charlie-Painter777

KR

S'G'

WRA

Living Free because of those that serve.....
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2020 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by floydthecat floydthecat wrote:

Most members in-the-know here hold Riverbank suspect as to authenticity. I think I will have to hold my nose and purchase a mag. catch knowing it might be humped. Just can’t find what I want elsewhere.

Why rush? I've been waiting years on finding some parts. There will be no doubt it won't be real from that place.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decksterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2020 at 12:08pm
Wow, I did not know that Riverbank was suspect.  I am only a couple years into carbine collecting, and had just found their site recently.  Can you tell me more about their issues, so I can be informed?  Thx.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Decksterdog Decksterdog wrote:

Can you tell me more about their issues, so I can be informed?  Thx.

Just do a Google search of riverbank armory reviews and read all of the forum comments.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decksterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2020 at 12:22pm
Wayne, I am doing that currently.  It is a mixed bag, but mostly negative, I see so far.  Do you recommend any other sources for parts?  Has the Wanted function on the Forum been helpful?  Thx
 Post Reply Post Reply