The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greenie from WA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
former173rd View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greenie from WA
    Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 11:14pm
Opinion?
Does she deserve an authentic sling/oiler?

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 9:17pm
Excellent counsel....I just sent it in...and will definitely wait for the tool....thanks!
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 9:15pm
no rush on days sheets.

I usually tell people to not take apart bolt unless they have tool.

When learning to use bolt tool I recomend getting a gallon ziplock bag or similar and take bolt apart inside the bag incase the ejector trays to fly away.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 8:52pm
NOT to say I won't be looking!  Hope to send my Data Sheet + tomorrow or so...
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 7:56pm
Many of us, after getting to a certain age, don't remember how to get past the sticking points the next time we encounter them.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 7:13pm
Comforting.....but, I can assure you sir, it will be some time before my ret. pay will permit the purchase of another (good) one!  LOL....

Good friend of mine is USMC W4 (Ret)....aviation, if I remember correctly...started out enlisted bullet stopper.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 5:51pm
@former173rd, I assure you that data sheets are a breeze after the first one. I know that I was doing a lot of head scratching when I filled out my 1st one.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2020 at 5:43pm
Well, the data sheet (s) mostly done except for bolt.  Little apprehensive about this one.  I ordered a bolt disassembly tool and will proceed when it arrives.
Should I submit what I have or wait for the bolt? 
Its in pencil now but I may try the fill in PDF version.

I suppose there will be more info on it, so questions will be appreciated and answered.  Thanks to you all!
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2020 at 9:33pm
That number is actually 7160091 found on type V slides, see below link for more info.

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2020 at 9:21pm
Thank  you sir.   Trigger housing and bolt left.   Ive taken some aux. photos to accompany the Data Sheet submission.  
I did find a series on numbers, very faint, on the bottom of the slide box =  7160081  couldn't find a reference to that anywhere.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2020 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by former173rd former173rd wrote:

Is this the correct forum to ask a question on the data sheet?
specifically No. 5....

Are you asking about OP spring Housing? Integral vs Detachable Tube? In your Inland's serial range, you have an Integral Op spring Housing. Some early Carbines and all Quality Hardware Carbines have a detachable tube that the op spring is inserted into, these are referred to as spring tube carbines. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2020 at 8:41pm
Is this the correct forum to ask a question on the data sheet?
specifically No. 5....
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2020 at 7:16pm
Here's a link that will answer your questions.

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/carbine-club-data-sheets_topic26.html

Take your time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. They can be daunting.   
JackP
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2020 at 7:06pm
good eye Why Carbines.....just looked under a mag glass and you're right.....very faint, but there!

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2020 at 7:00pm
So, with the photos posted, is the next step the data sheet thing?....I can download the form or print it off.   When its completed, is it apparent where its sent?

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2020 at 6:57pm
What a relief!....somehow I just knew it was a imported fake or something!
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2020 at 6:45pm
A very nice carbine indeed. One of the best Inland stocks I've seen.
JackP
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2020 at 6:43pm
Nice looking Inland cartouche; I love seeing the double bounced ones. I'm pretty sure I see a flaming bomb on the bottom of the trigger housing, that's neat too.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2020 at 5:59pm
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote former173rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2020 at 5:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>