FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

undated Winchester barrel on QHMC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: undated Winchester barrel on QHMC
    Posted: Feb 09 2020 at 2:45pm
I once owned a carbine with a broken long skirt. I think the barrel had been improperly installed and the skirt was cracked on installation. I would think that if the skirt is intact and not causing any issues, it’s good-to-go. It bugged me so bad that I let someone else own it knowing the skirt was broken. That is the first thing I look for when considering a carbine purchase.
sfal7418 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfal7418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2020 at 1:49pm
Thanks for the help....yes it still retains its long skirt....not sure why it still has a t1 barrel band with an adjustable sight....(obviously to early for adj sight) barrel looks to never have had a bayo band on it
thanks al
Niterace View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niterace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2020 at 10:43am
Winchester did send barrels to Quality Hardware sporadically.  It most likely would have a long skirt if it is original to the receiver, but not 100% for certain because barrels damaged in shipping, storage, or assembly sometimes had their skirts cut to correct damage prior to assembly.  The performance of the barrel was shown to be unchanged after repair.  I believe that is how it was determined to begin producing only short skirts later in production.  I have a very original un-quality that also has a Winchester barrel, and there is no question that my barrel has been on the receiver since it was born.
sfal7418 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfal7418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2020 at 4:08pm
have a QHMC sn 192xxx5 not sure of rest as it has a adj sight over it...anyway it has a Winchester undated barrel on it marked W ...then the PW proof then lower a short tailed P....thinking QH proofed it after assembly?.......it has a J-Q marked frt sight....unmarked type 1 barrel band...wondering if barrel is org to receiver.....rest of gun is mismatched...mostly Rock Ola trigger group...Inland bolt and a post war IR marked stock

Thanks al

Post Reply Post Reply