Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saginaw 3.30 Stock?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saginaw 3.30 Stock?
    Posted: Jan 20 2020 at 7:22pm
I have read on another website, which is not well trusted, that a Type II OI stock could be correct for a 3.3 SG that I have. Any thoughts or confirmation?

Thanks!
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2020 at 7:32pm
That is also what it says in Riesch's book, says the OI may also include a number. Saginaw 3384452 COM in CCNL 319 has an OI sling well marking along with 45D.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2020 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

That is also what it says in Riesch's book, says the OI may also include a number. Saginaw 3384452 COM in CCNL 319 has an OI sling well marking along with 45D.

Thank you sir. My stock doesn’t have a number, but I think “may also include” gives me some wiggle room. It is a Type II and is marked OI. Solid cartouche and no rebuild stamps. Looks to me like it can be screwed onto my SG and called good-to-go.

Edited by floydthecat - Jan 21 2020 at 5:27am
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2020 at 9:16am
My Saginaw S'G' in the hand carved (The Gift) stock and the only marking is (OI) on the under side of the hand guard. Could it be Inland actually did supplied stocks to Saginaw? 
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2020 at 9:35am
To Saginaw (SG) they did, according to what I have read and verified by Wayne above. I don't see anything that indicates Inland provided stocks to Grand Rapids (S'G').
 Post Reply Post Reply