Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Re-stamped Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re-stamped Stocks
    Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 7:20pm
I'm pretty sure "tfaith707" on ebay is the same as "m1carbineman", seller of "restored" (and re-stamped) stocks.  To his credit, seller usually states such in his descriptions but in the excitement of finding that stock you've been needing you may forget to read the fine print.  In my opinion, re-stamping cheapens the stock instead of adding value.

kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 8:38pm
I agree. I saw a stock once where someone ruined a QHMC early high wood with faint large wheel cartouche by stamping it with fake RMC cartouche. I guess they didn't see the QHMC big wheel and figured since it was stamped RMC in the sling well it should be a Rock Ola. Sad!
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2019 at 1:40pm
Quite simply stated he has the worst stamps I've ever seen, none of them are even close to an original. What's really sad is that someone, not caring if they're real or not, will buy one or more and pass them off to an unsuspecting buyer as authentic...live and learn.
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2019 at 6:10pm
He used to offer returns, but no longer.
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2019 at 10:54pm
Quote =hunterman In my opinion, re-stamping cheapens the stock instead of adding value.

My opinion: 
Restamping is a act of Dis-respect.
We are the temporary holders of these artifacts.
Why ruin them over a few dollars of profit ?.
Restoration falls closely with maintenance.... If needed for preservation so be it.
To WHACK a Fake stamp on a stock.... whether disclosed or not, is a slap in the face to the Women and Men who made them. Same people who may of had to take life with them, or who may have died with the stock gripped in hand.
This said after burying a dear friend this week who carried a M2 carbine on his 4 man ACU boat on his first of 3 combat tours in Vietnam. He couldn't have told you if it had a Crossed Cannons stamp on it or not. 

Does this seller need some extra Cash? Get a job and Pound some nails........ !!
Nope... he won't do that, he's gotta take a 1/2 a$$ China made knockoff stamp and crush it in to the Walnut of a 1940's WWII gun stock. A stock made by people working a couple jobs and dealing with rationing and scrap drives... etc.
Here he can pound away because he can feel and act like he's a Skilled Craftsman, sell it for profit to those that don't yet know any better and because it's easier to cheat a buyer like that than put some elbow and a$$hole in to some real work for a wage.
I say pull the Scab and lock him up where he can pound large rocks in to smaller rocks.

JMO,
CH-P777 

Living Free because of those that serve.....
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2019 at 8:24am
Well said painter777. I have a Saginaw that I've had for 40 plus years. It's all Saginaw except for rear sight, stock with rebuild stamps, hand guard, and sling. For me this carbine is original in that this is the way it came from military storage until it was sold as surplus. jmho.
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2020 at 7:59pm
Seller is now operating an ebay as "roac_kando".  He went from "m1carbineman" to "tfaith707" to "ozark..(something)".  Now he is "roac_kando".  Sometimes he admits the stocks are re-stamped,  other times he doesn't.  Beware of any of his stocks.  All his identities are out of Aurora, Missouri.

Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2020 at 9:25pm
I wondered if it wasn't the same slime ball. Thanks for verifying and posting.
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2020 at 9:56pm
This old post from when he was m1carbineman, him and hdeagle buying stamps from ole Bardall1. Now no longer able to see buyers name since Bardall1 started using 'Private Listings'.

ozarkian2020
 is still selling...... Compare listings and picture style, ship price, no returns, definition of 'Restored', to include restamping, loves using his circled P proof stamp and from Aurora

roac_kando 
Looks to be the same seller, same style listings with less description. Similar picture layouts just different color background, also from Aurora and no returns.

Edited by painter777 - Jun 07 2020 at 10:40pm
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2020 at 10:06pm
The other give-away is the town.  Aurora, Missouri has only 7500 people. 
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2020 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by hunterman hunterman wrote:

Aurora, Missouri has only 7500 people. 

And two of them hump carbine stocks, what a coincidence. Shocked 
I like the one guys line "Some stamps have been renewed" 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
03manV View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03manV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2020 at 10:29pm
I hate it when jerks stamp stocks, they usually don't get the stamp correct and then it is
a "fresh" stamp on a well used stock.

As far as I'm concerned, "they" just took the stock out of the collectible arena and made it a shooter at best.

"They" should be stamped on the forehead with a "faker" stamp. JMHO.

Same opinion on "parts" fakers too.
Don
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2020 at 10:55pm
I'm sure his Wife is having to do her share of Faking !  Wink

Charlie-P777
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2020 at 9:08am
Before I knew who this person was I contacted him about an LEAD potbelly Carbine stock he was selling, telling him I had one in terrible condition if he was interested. He paid $50 for it, plus shipping.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2020 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Originally posted by hunterman hunterman wrote:

Aurora, Missouri has only 7500 people. 

And two of them hump carbine stocks, what a coincidence. Shocked 
I like the one guys line "Some stamps have been renewed" 

"Another" eBay stock restorer from Aurora, Missouri.  This time he's going by "hiddensprings2020".
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2020 at 8:51pm
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2020 at 8:59pm
The folks on this forum that shed light on such unscrupulous vendors do us a great service. Hats off to you. 
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2020 at 9:59pm
I thought that one was shady
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2020 at 1:17pm
The picture isn't very good.
But I don't see anything jumping out as fake.

Ch-P777

GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2020 at 6:53pm
painter, it's possible I pulled the "fake" trigger too quickly on this one... Another picture from the listing shows what appears to be buttplate overhang, which is usually means the stock was sanded after mfg so how could the acceptance stamp be so good? That was a red flag for me. Might just be the picture. Overall stamp just looks too perfect for the stock.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>