Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

179k Inland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LS6man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 179k Inland
    Posted: Nov 24 2019 at 9:22pm
Hi all

Here is a recent pick up...I really like Inland’s due to GM.. also enjoy the early rifles

Greg 

tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2019 at 9:44pm
High quality pics of a high quality Carbine. I enjoyed them.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
sfal7418 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfal7418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 6:47am
Beautiful....great pics....does the "upside down" CC happen alot..thanks ...just trying to learn
al
LS6man View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LS6man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 7:07am
Thanks... I’m not sure whether it was common or not but does show up. I’ve seen it more on early rifles but that could be just my observations. 

Here is another early rifle of mine... upside down CC. 

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 8:58am
Sure wish that I could take pictures that good. Curious as to what kind of camera was used? Really nice looking Inlands.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 9:11am
The upside down cannons stamp is less common on Inland than it is on a Saginaw S'G', which is pretty common.

My $14 pawn shop shirt pocket sized camera can be a pain and pics aren't so great, so I'm looking for a replacement.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
LS6man View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LS6man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 12:12pm
thanks guys.. I phone 7.. need to upgrade to an 11 though which is supposed to take ridiculously good pics

I’m wondering if Ordnance gave specific direction as to the placement and orientation of CC’s or was it more “right side of the stock.”
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 12:50pm
Both carbines are very nice. On LS6man's carbine the finish looks to be more towards a dulite finish. I have an Inland 155xxx and the finish also looks to be dulite. Was this a finish that was used in early carbine production? The safeties are also checkered. My carbine has a type two safety and a sling swivel marked UI. Could that be possible?. I am in the process of filling out a data sheet and on the supplement it asks if the receiver has the extra cut on bottom. Where would this be? Any and all help would be appreciated.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by 1st M1 88 1st M1 88 wrote:

I am in the process of filling out a data sheet and on the supplement it asks if the receiver has the extra cut on bottom. Where would this be? Any and all help would be appreciated.

1st M1 88, Read this old thread, there are some pictures that will answer your question about the extra receiver cut.

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/carbine-club-datasheet-question_topic2895_post17609.html?KW=firing+pin+cut#17609
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 4:24pm
Thanks W5USMC very much appreciated.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 5:12pm
1st M1 88, Inland did use a black oxide finish until about the Spring,roughly, of 1943 so your observation is well founded.
 Post Reply Post Reply