The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Band Screw Size?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jt22453 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jt22453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Band Screw Size?
    Posted: Nov 08 2019 at 9:49am
Hope it works out for you!
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2019 at 8:52am
I have had zero luck ever trying to build threads with anybody’s brand of miracle goo. This is a 6-digit Inland well-traveled with a Winchester band that matches the finish of the rest of the gun, so I don’t want to toss the band.

I am going to try to peen the band and get a 10-32 tap to work. Screws are easy to come by and I wish it was just the screw, but it’s the threads in the nut.

If the spec. is 10-32.......that’s what I need to know.

Thanks.
Jt22453 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jt22453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2019 at 8:03am
[This refers to a type 2 but should be the same. On different one a guy used a 10-32 tap.URL=http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=180830]http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=180830[/URL]
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2019 at 7:31am
Anyone have the specs. on a T3 band screw? Size and pitch?

I have a band that I would like to keep, but Bubba tried to remove the screw and stripped-out the threads in the nut spot-welded to the band. I am thinking I can peen the band-nut and re-thread it....just need the tap size.
 Post Reply Post Reply