Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Installation of a rotary safety

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installation of a rotary safety
    Posted: Nov 06 2019 at 5:15pm
Are there any issues with replacing a push button safety with a rotary?
David Milisock
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2019 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by David Milisock David Milisock wrote:

Are there any issues with replacing a push button safety with a rotary?

Nope. 

I prefer the PB myself. I will swap you a rotary.😁
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2019 at 7:59pm
That might work let me work the rifle and see if it's needed, it's a Quality Hardware (Frankenstein) shooter that's being taken tactical for some shoot and scoots. FYI the safety might be an Acme POS! It works fine but may have little value.

Long story short, I was looking at a Kriss Vector, tried it and while it's interesting when you're 6'1" and 250 pounds, just not ergonomic and a pistol cartridge only to boot.

I carried in live action an M2 and within 200- yards there no shortage of power and plenty easy to handle at 15'.  Even a 357 Sig won't cut it at that range and comes up short against BA at close up.

Thanks I'll let you know, some gun smithing and knee surgery first so don't hold your breath.
David Milisock
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2019 at 8:30pm
I have two Inlands. One with a flip safety and one with a push button. I like the variety of owning both, but prefer the push button. I understand the  value and purpose of the flip style, but I am not using my carbines in battle.
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2019 at 5:17am

That might work let me work the rifle and see if it's needed, it's a Quality Hardware (Frankenstein) shooter that's being taken tactical for some shoot and scoots. FYI the safety might be an Acme POS! It works fine but may have little value.

Not a problem. Flip-safeties are not cherished items either as far as collectability and value goes. I have a couple lying around.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2019 at 8:21am
While I understand and respect what value collecting brings to all carbine lovers a parts value to me is only if it works.

With that said I have 2 rifles with 2 different safety's, a good direction may be, best test and then standardize.
David Milisock
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2019 at 7:26am

While I understand and respect what value collecting brings to all carbine lovers a parts value to me is only if it works.

With that said I have 2 rifles with 2 different safety's, a good direction may be, best test and then standardize.

I feel the same way about my shooters. Most of my long guns have cross bolt safety’s and the push button carbine safety just feels more natural to me. I am not worried about accidentally dropping a magazine in the heat of battle.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2019 at 8:44am
When done I'd like both of my rifles to have the same type of safety.
David Milisock
 Post Reply Post Reply