The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Richmond RIR Gun Show (11/9-10/2019)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Richmond RIR Gun Show (11/9-10/2019)
    Posted: Oct 13 2019 at 9:16pm
The August 2019 show was a dry run for putting on a CCC display. We've applied our lessons learned and on November 9-10, 2019 please join us at RIR to see the new and improved version. My partner in carbines Dave T., a.k.a. the "Architect", and myself will be there on both days. Club members, perspective members and lurkers alike, if you enjoy talking carbines for hours on end or just want to stop by and say hello, all are welcome.

If interested, post a reply or send a PM.

Hope to see you there!

https://www.showmastersgunshows.com/richmond-gun-show-.html

Edited by moneawon - Oct 14 2019 at 10:41pm
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2019 at 5:46am
Reminder: RIR Show is this weekend. Stop by and see our NOS display designed and built by Carbine Dave.

Hope to see you there for some great conversation. Rumor has it that there might by an Irving Patterson and a carbine presented to General Chompers at the show, but for now those are just rumors.

We look forward to sharing our new display with everyone. More importantly, we look forward to meeting other carbine collectors (club member or not), sharing and chatting about carbines until hoarse. Doesn't matter your skill levels or interest. Please stop by.

Hope to see you there!

BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2019 at 7:47am
I should be able to stop by on Saturday.  Just let me know which building you set up in.

Thanks Ted.
Semper Fi, Bruce
Road Rat View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2019 at 10:16am
Better enjoy it.  I see the demonrats have taken over your state.......... GUN OWNER'S BEWARE of new and improved stupid anti-gun laws.
Retired USAF MSGT
Alumni SAFSP
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2019 at 9:59pm
Bruce, not sure where we are going to be, but I'll reach out once we know. Also hope to see your new acquisition. Until then...

For others attending, bring your carbines!
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2019 at 2:39pm
I will be there Saturday for sure, Sunday depends on how Saturday goes, I have a few things I’ll be attempting to sell
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2019 at 8:49pm
Great to hear you'll be attending. I'll have some parts for sale as well. 

See everyone tomorrow.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 8:24pm
Had a great time today. Met some new members like JDShelby and hopefully a few new members will be joining the club soon. Also met a member from the old "paper" club. Thanks to all who attended.

Hopefully, our display improvements will continue to stand out making them easier to find. We'll be there again tomorrow and hope for another banner day.

Hope to see you there!

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 10:47pm
I will be there tomorrow. And bringing the beater carbine to test a round bolt or two. M1a1fan, do you happen to have an extra couple extractor springs and detents? It’s the only part I’m missing from completing a bolt. If you’ve got them I’d like 2-3 of them. 
J D Shelby View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J D Shelby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2019 at 4:57am
Their setup is a must see I`ve been to the Richmond show before and always enjoyed going but seeing the display at your table was  a real history lesson.
I`m looking forward to going to the MacArthur Museum to see the other presentation Carbine. 
Molon Labe
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 8:23am
A big thanks to all who attended. Was great to see everyone again and we had a great time.

Special thanks to "The Architect" Carbine Dave and fellow members BER911, Charles, Dirty30Carbine, J D Shelby and LS6Man for attending. If I left someone out, apologies, please let me know and I'll update attendee list.

@BER911, thanks for bringing your Bavarian...first leather sling I've ever seen!

More to come....

Edited by m1a1fan - Nov 11 2019 at 1:18pm
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 8:53am
thank you for the bolt. Makes me happy to have a round for hunting and casual shooting, I also got home, swapped extractor springs and it all came right together
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 9:46am
@Dirty30Carbine - Glad I could help with your need for a round bolt. I also appreciate the lesson using the gauges. Putting together a bolt can be maddening even with the tool. Great to hear it went back to together after swapping springs. Happy hunting!

@"The Architect" Carbine Dave - A special thanks to you for the stands and the labels. Love em! An extra special thanks for bringing your General Chambers Winchester to display. The booklet you put together on it is immaculate! IMO, the standard for documenting carbines.

@New2Brass - Thanks for helping us figure out an Inland carbine that made no sense. A local brought it in and said his Uncle carried it during the war and brought it home. Very strange seeing a type 2 sight with only flip sight staking.

We also had BER911's carbine on display and Charles.

For members who attend a show and we are there, just let us know ahead of time and we'll reserve a spot to display your carbine. All memeber carbines welcome.

It all went by so fast...

Edited by m1a1fan - Nov 11 2019 at 1:17pm
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 1:18pm
Any pictures of displays?
Needing something to cheer up a cold snowy day... Disapprove

CH-P777

Living Free because of those that serve.....
Dave Tennent View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Dave Tennent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 3:51pm
I think we were both a little weary about bringing our irreplaceable carbines out into public and display them at such a busy venue. Our security concerns quickly vanished when we learned that our two tables were up against a wall and our immediate neighbors were fantastic any everybody mutually kept an eye on everything. It was great fun to chat with veterans on the 244th birthday of the Marine Corps, to hear their stories and see the interest that they had in our display. How many times did we tell folks that we had a "carbine problem here" but that our wives love us anyway. Sharing the story of how I came to own the General Chambers carbine was super fun and I encouraged many to go see its twin in Norfolk and the MacArthur Memorial less than 2 hrs. away. The museum there is full of artifacts and guns from the Rainbow Division on into WWII, including the pistol that ToJo used when trying to kill himself. Crazy that that survived!
Two days of talking carbines non-stop make us both yearning for more, so I guess we have to do this again right?
Here's some pics of the twins, one a 1.25 Winchester and the other 6.7 Inland. Man I would pay them $$$ to be able to take that Inland apart to peek at that stock in order to compare it to the Winchester stock. Notice the ill fitting buttplate on the INLAND. See NL #380
Pictures from the show soon.
Dave
Dave
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 5:08pm
Day 1

L to R, Top to Bottom

Row 1Row 2
Row 3
Row 4
Underwood E Code 255Irwin Pedersen 1.77NPM U 4.36Underwood 6.13
Rock-Ola 4.53Inland XB 27 "1"Winchester 1.25 (General Chambers)Winchester 5.66
Inland M1A1 6 digitNPM I Cut 1.45IBM 3.94 (Birch Stock)IBM 3.74 (inside gun sock)
Crosman M1 Carbine BB gunInland I Cut 6 digit

Day 2

In between our tables, we made room for other members to display their carbines with an additional rack. At this point in the show, the top rung was empty, the middle one held IBM AO 3.85 and the bottom one held the 6 digit I cut Inland.

Myself and the "The Architect", builder of the display racks and maker of carbine gun socks.

More to come....

Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 7:02pm
Ah, such great pics! would have loved to have been there!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 7:44pm
Thanks for the kind words.

Doing a small display like ours gives us an appreciation for how much work goes into putting together gigantic displays. It was those display that inspired us to give it a try.

More pictures.

Carbine Dave doing the boss of it all pose.

Myself and fellow club members BER911 and Charles.

Club member BER911 standing in front of his display mounted Bavarian carbine.

Dirty30Carbine and his carbine complete with a unique band screw. Field repair that was mistakenly wiped of patina, perhaps? Smile Thanks for letting us take a photo of it.

General Chamber's carbine

Close up of the stock

Me taking apart a n Inland carbine. Questions about it forwarded to New2brass.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 8:04pm
Looks like you all had a great time. As I have said before, there are times when I wish I would have retired somewhere closer to the east coast.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 8:11pm
Thanks for the pics.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>