FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting S'G' receiver stampings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting S'G' receiver stampings
    Posted: Oct 04 2019 at 4:22pm
It would be interesting to see if there are others like this.
kar6666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kar6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2019 at 10:25am
I  also have a S'G' carbine built on a S.G. receiver. I never noticed if the receiver had been ground on. Plus mine is a lot later than yours 3637---. Mine is in deep storage now but if I get it out I will see if the old name and number were ground off.
kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2019 at 8:15pm
I thought this would be an interesting observation to report. I have a complete Saginaw S'G' that was built on a Saginaw SG receiver with the wide tang. The SG and the serial number were ground off and restamped S'G' and an S'G' serial number. I've had this for a couple of years. In fact I had posted it here before. Recently I saw a similar demilled S'G' rear section of a receiver on Ebay and bought it. It too is an SG receiver with wide tang and in this case you can see that both the Saginaw SG and serial number were ground off and replaced with Saginaw S'G' and a S'G' serial number. The interesting part is the two receivers are only 139 apart. In CCNL 364 they have an S'G' COM with a ground and renumbered receiver but it's an earlier 355XXXX serial number.

Post Reply Post Reply