Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Real or repo? OI High wood stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989LX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Real or repo? OI High wood stock
    Posted: Sep 27 2019 at 6:09pm
I picked up this stock on ePay because I thought it was a nice example of a high wood and it is in nice shape. The guy selling it thought it was a repop, however I was not sure. If it is a repop it is whatever though as it is still a beautiful stock and I could use it as a shooter, and I have a legit USGI one. What do you all think?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/M3fvhwh8JnGwAxe37
USGI magazines are like potato chips, you can't have just one!
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2019 at 10:17am
I am a novice owner and not able to answer your question. As you say the stock 'looks' very nice. Have you tried to see how it fits? At the very least it maybe an excellent shooter stock. Hopefully folks with more knowledge will jump in here with helpful comments.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2019 at 10:38am
That looks to be one of the reproductions that was hitting the shows a few years ago. Reports of tables with all the manufactures like new.
I would look at sellers old auctions, see if he sold any more.
1989LX View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989LX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2019 at 1:04am
Thanks for the info! It’s a bit disappointing it isn’t real but all things considered its still a beautiful stock that should make for a decent shooter stock. At the end of the day though it was me that took the risk and sometimes you win some and you lose some. 
USGI magazines are like potato chips, you can't have just one!
 Post Reply Post Reply