Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My carbine QHMC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My carbine QHMC
    Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 3:20pm
Weapon legally owned, holding a detention license.

this carbine arrived with its strap, its cover, a charger and two chargers IS.  the oiler is also IS.  I send you to discover the pictures and any positive or negative comments are welcome

Serial numbers: 4669xxx

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 3:40pm

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 3:43pm
Great looking carbine, would love to see what the other parts markings are (hammer, trigger housing ect..)
Your sling swivel should be turned around so that it lays flat against the stock.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 3:47pm

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 3:59pm
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 4:11pm

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 4:16pm
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 4:29pm

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 4:42pm

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 4:46pm

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 4:50pm
thank you for watching my photos.  thanks to W5usmc for his advice.  I hope the photos are not too big .... ???  not easy .....
David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 4:53pm
Is this a shooter for you?
David Milisock
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:01pm
is there a marking on the small lug on the bolt?

Any manufacturers name on the canvas case?

Need to see the dots on the larger end of butt plate

Thanks for sharing pictures, It is a very nice carbine!Big smile
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:02pm
Good evening David, yes I shoot with.  Why ?
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:07pm
Smocki, your pictures are really good and as I stated earlier that is a great looking carbine.
Just curious where in France are you, I was actually born in France, at the 7373rd USAFE Hospital Chateauroux-Deols Air Station.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:08pm
@ news2brass, no there is no mark on the other tenon of the bolt.  it's normal to share.  it's your story
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:11pm
the cover is marked American Tent & Awning 1943
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:17pm
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!

Very good pictures. My Quality Hardware carbine is my favorite shooter. Even with early parts it works well. Yours is a very fine example.

Do you know the history of your carbine?
JackP
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:18pm
@W5usmc, I know Chateauroux I did my military training in this base.  which was after the departure of usaf "the school of specialization of the equipment of the army" :-) I live in the north of France next to another old base LAON-COUVRON.  it's because of US air bases that our forests are filled with Raccoon :-)))
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2019 at 5:30pm
@ jackp1028, thanks.  Alas!  no, I do not know the history of this carbine.  I bought it from another shooter who was holding it from another one.  it would come from the French resistance ..... but that's a beautiful story ..... :-))))) impossible to verify.  which is certain, it was not reconditioned after the war by the Belgians of the FN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>