The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Winchester barrel, undated for spring tube.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Winchester barrel, undated for spring tube.
    Posted: May 18 2019 at 2:53pm
Looking for an undated earlier Win barrel with plenty of patina and type I band marks. The receiver has a lot of character and needs a similar condition barrel. The current W barrel is rough and pitted.
Markrd View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2019 at 3:37pm
 I have a new GI barrel in the cosmoline with barrel band and sights installed ready to go! Still in the barrel wrap. We unwrapped a bit to show someone the condition. 
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2019 at 6:53pm
If it's like the NOS early assembly I have in the original canvas and paper wrapping it won't have the patina this setup needs. It's a well seasoned receiver. The rear flip and receiver are even browning from it.
That's what I'm hoping to find. A well seasoned one.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Markrd Markrd wrote:

I have a new GI barrel in the cosmoline with barrel band and sights installed ready to go! Still in the barrel wrap. We unwrapped a bit to show someone the condition. 

Tell me about this new barrel? I might be interested
Markrd View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2019 at 2:11pm
 This is a Winchester G.I. replacement Barrel  I will have to check to see what the date is on it. But it is a complete assembly ready to install. It has the front sight,  barrel band and installed gas piston with nut already crimped.  It is not a previously used barrel it is still in the cosoline and overwrap. 
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2019 at 2:16pm
By replacement do you mean it's the normal type or it's the later one they made like IBM with the I milled front sight keyway? What type of barrel band? And how far back is the WP on the barrel?
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2019 at 9:19am
If the OP decides he doesn't want this barrel let me know, I've a Carbine here that I might be interested in getting a new barrel for this year
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2019 at 9:28am
I probably don't want the barrel because the condition will be too good, but I DO want people to be informed on what they're buying to avoid disappointments. Because there are late contract/post war Win barrels made like IBMs that came with type III barrel bands usually marked with a W near the swivel. I've got one of those too. These are considered rebuild contract barrel assemblies.
Markrd View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2019 at 9:05am
I will photograph the barrel and also take a close look at it as well. NO sense taking any chances of misrepresenting what I have. Not in my nature to rip someone off. I know the feeling!!
                                    Thanks y’all! Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply