Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IBM Round Bolt Lack of Markings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by ncin1911 ncin1911 wrote:

Thank you m1a1fan for the reply and pictures. It's the X-Files Bolt.

More about X marked bolts here:

ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Originally posted by ncin1911 ncin1911 wrote:

Thank you m1a1fan for the reply and pictures. It's the X-Files Bolt.

More about X marked bolts here:

Yep frequent those pages often in between my daily reads of current and old forum posts.
My copy of WB! takes a fair share of abuse as well. LOL
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 5:23pm
In my research, I stumbled upon this old auction listing that I found interesting.

tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 7:22pm
That's your history and serial number right there. Interesting.

Here are the two round AOBs I have close by. Both are lightly struck and one is higher on the right lug than the other. Also look at the underlying milling pattern evident. You can see two vertical lines on the lugs. In your first pic it looks like the B is almost visible where these have the B stamped. The B is on the right vertical line and the A on the left one. If yours does have a partial B, it's shifted leftward.

ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 7:58pm
You got me off the couch looking at the bolt again tenOCEE. Geek
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 8:05pm
It's exercise, man. Every little bit counts. LOL
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2019 at 6:59am
Originally posted by wa***te wa***te wrote:

Or maybe it was never stamped. 
Sometimes in manufacturing mistakes are made. I have a M1D rifle I bought from the CMP. The only marking on the rear of the receiver is the serial number. No US Rifle Cal 30 M1, etc. Not ground out, dimensions are normal. I also have a Garand bolt that came on a DCM M1 that doesn’t have a mark on it. This stuff just happens and I’m sure wartime quotas didn’t help any. DON’T FIX IT. It’s almost certainly as right as the rest of the Carbine.
Going through all the replies this AM and realized I missed the first one. I have no intention of messing with what I believe to be an original late production IBM. Thank you for the reply and sharing of information.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12