The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hello from Western WA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hello from Western WA
    Posted: Apr 07 2019 at 8:05pm
Hi Everyone, 62 years a shooter. practical experience with M1 Carbine. Retired Radiation Physicist and grandpa. Living the best I can. 

Newby to ownership of this fine instrument. Just bought a plainfield copy version just to get one that I can afford on a retiree budget. Not a singer but if I can get parts when needed, a shooter. 

I will appreciate you old hands help to that goal. Thanks for letting me join you
THE oldfart69
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2019 at 8:39pm
Welcome to the forum. Have you checked out the Plainfield Carbine information under the commercial carbine section off of the main club website? Here is the link.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_plainfield.html
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2019 at 9:08pm
Welcome. My first was a Plainfield. It ran well.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2019 at 5:53am
Welcome to the forum. 
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2019 at 8:08am
Welcome Aboard!

Semper Fi, Bruce
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2019 at 12:59pm
welcome, old fart! This old fart is a relative newbie as well. Be advised that one will never be enough. In less than a year another Inland followed me home. They are so much fun and this forum has been very helpful. Post often and enjoy the ride. 
oldfart69 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Welcome to the forum. Have you checked out the Plainfield Carbine information under the commercial carbine section off of the main club website? Here is the link.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_plainfield.html

Thanks sir, Yes I have, that is how I found this site. 
THE oldfart69
oldfart69 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2019 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Donnie Donnie wrote:

welcome, old fart! This old fart is a relative newbie as well. Be advised that one will never be enough. In less than a year another Inland followed me home. They are so much fun and this forum has been very helpful. Post often and enjoy the ride. 

As we say down south, I heard that. I have picked up many a stray in my day, and amongst them a few pearls. Taken some pretty bad whoopings from the lady of the house though.
THE oldfart69
 Post Reply Post Reply