The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone use this Fiocchi 30 Carbine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone use this Fiocchi 30 Carbine?
    Posted: Mar 10 2019 at 10:25pm
https://www.sgammo.com/product/fiocchi-ammo-sale/1000-rounds-30-carbine-110-grain-fmj-ammo-fiocchi-30m1ca
I just ordered a case of 1000, I'm hoping my work schedule lets me hit the range in the next 2 weeks to test a couple new carbines I need to shoot (Royal Thai and my new Fulton Armory M-1 Carbine)

I've been using Prvi Partizan for the past couple years from AIM Surplus but I can get this a bit cheaper, I figure with 4 Carbines to feed and no time to reload I better build a stash of this before the 2020 election
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2019 at 6:46am
Don,

I have used the Fiocchi ammo and had no issues with it.  Most of my shooting with the carbine is on the 100 yd. range and the Fiocchi performed well.  That is a good price from SgaAmmo; go for it!

I have switched to Remington UMC 110 gr FMJ ammo because the Quantico PX has it at a very good price.  Also, I recently bought some Hornady Custom 110 gr FMJ which I look forward to shooting once the weather warms a bit and the monsoon rains stop.
Semper Fi, Bruce
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2019 at 8:04am
That's cool. Hopefully SG will keep it at the price for awhile, I'm wanting to stockpile at least 5000 rounds before the 2020 election that caliber, just in case   
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2019 at 9:36am
Agree with Bruce on the Fiocchi ammo, no issues, accurate. I got 300 rounds of the stuff for Christmas. I was also surprised to see made in USA on the box, I thought it came from Italy, after a little internet research found out that it was made right here in Missouri.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

Agree with Bruce on the Fiocchi ammo, no issues, accurate. I got 300 rounds of the stuff for Christmas. I was also surprised to see made in USA on the box, I thought it came from Italy, after a little internet research found out that it was made right here in Missouri.

I assumed it was made in Italy; never bothered to look at the details on the box.  Nice surprise that it is made here in the USA!
Semper Fi, Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply