The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spotted an IJA WWII commemorative carbine...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotted an IJA WWII commemorative carbine...
    Posted: Dec 27 2018 at 9:47pm
While not a USGI carbine, I still thought some might like to see a few pics I got in passing.  It just happen to be hanging on the wall, and I asked the owner if I could take some pics for the carbine club.  If folks are interested I can ask to always take more detailed pics, but I didn't want to ask to open the case or disturb the shadow box at that time.

It was beautiful though, and the gold ascents like the sights, and safety oddly enough aren't tacky at all.  Very classy somehow imho.  I have no idea what these go for, but based on this link...http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_ijcommemoratives.html it looks like it's one of 1950 carbines made in this WWII commemorative model.  

Sorry about the quality of the pics, I wasn't expecting to see such a unique carbine.  I also got to see two really nice USGI mixmaster shooters that I honestly would have taken over this beautiful carbine below...than again I love to shoot these carbinesTongue

floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2018 at 9:24am
They turn up from time-to-time on auction sites. Don’t recall actual selling prices, but they do sell at some premium. That one would definately be a wall-hanger. I have a standard IJ that has never done a thing but shoot and is 100% USGI compatable.
 Post Reply Post Reply