The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from So Cal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grendl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from So Cal
    Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 5:14pm
Started filling out a data sheet for a redundant Rock-Ola I'm planning to sell and decided it was time to join.  After the sale I'll be left with 1 each Rock-Ola, IBM (AO), NPM, and Standard Products. 

The recent fires down here are what prompts the sale; I can only protect so many during this lifetime - need to spread them around so I'm selling several redundant items. 

I don't see where we upload data sheets, could someone direct me?
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 5:18pm
Welcome from Alabama:)

Sorry to hear you were effected by the fires in California, I can't imagine the devastation to people and property.

Here is the link for the data sheet info...
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/carbine-club-data-sheets_topic26.html

Got any pics or info on that Rock for sale....a really clean arsenal rebuilt Rockola is at the top of my list.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 5:19pm

Data sheets can be emailed to datasheet@uscarbinecal30.com

Can also be snailmailed. Adress in link below

Welcome to the forums
Grendl View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grendl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by LMTmonoMan LMTmonoMan wrote:

Sorry to hear you were effected by the fires in California, I can't imagine the devastation to people and property.

Got any pics or info on that Rock for sale....a really clean arsenal rebuilt Rockola is at the top of my list.

Thanks gentlemen! I don't think I'd describe it as "a really clean rebuild" but she's certainly pretty with a dated Rock-Ola barrel and gas cylinder. Here's a link to the sale page http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1490851 

jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 5:52pm
Hello and welcome to the Carbine Collector's Forum from New Mexico!

JackP
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Grendl Grendl wrote:

Originally posted by LMTmonoMan LMTmonoMan wrote:

Thanks gentlemen! I don't think I'd describe it as "a really clean rebuild" but she's certainly pretty with a dated Rock-Ola barrel and gas cylinder. Here's a link to the sale page http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1490851 

Nice Rockola. The way the finish matches on the visible parts in the pics looks like it's been left alone since it was rebuilt. I'm a newb on these things, but that's one of the main things I look for currently.
Interesting that the stock has no marking at all.

Looks like an unmolested rebuilt Rockola in my book...Nice!   

Grendl View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grendl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 7:23pm
Thanks. For some reason, the notes in my C&R bound book say its in a "P-J wartime replacement stock."

I don't know if I wrote that down because that's what I was told when I made the purchase years ago or if I reached that conclusion based on research I did on the interwebs.  When I looked the other day I did not see any markings in the sling cut-out, but having reviewed my bound book I'm going to take another look tonight. 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 7:33pm
Does not look like a P-J stock to me. There are a few threads discussing them.

What you have is a potbelly stock. If no marks in slingwell remove handguard and look for a marking near the nose.

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 8:35pm
Greetings and welcome to the forum.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 11:07pm
Looks like a stock very similar to the SA "pot belly" on my Rock Ola.

Good looking carbine and welcome to the forum!

Semper Fi, Bruce
Grendl View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grendl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

Does not look like a P-J stock to me. There are a few threads discussing them.

What you have is a potbelly stock. If no marks in slingwell remove handguard and look for a marking near the nose.

No markings there and nothing in the slingwell. There might be an "I" in the bottom of the barrel channel, but it could also be grain. Nothing comes up when I search for "I" marked stocks, so perhaps I'm imagining it.  There is a faded painted number on the heel, but otherwise the wood appears to be without other markings besides use. 
 Post Reply Post Reply